It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Legacy review process does not get called for a community?

Manjiri Kamat (5132325) | asked Aug 21 '12, 11:50 p.m.
I have a community for which four policy processes have been configured.I am using custom policies.
As part of one process i have a condition added saying assettype="Template Topology",this is the policy that should get called on delete action.
The policy is expected to do the following :
whenever you try to delete an asset of the type template topology in this community,then it should show a message saying it does not comply to the policies and should not get deleted.

But currently the asset gets deleted with a success message and i can see in the logs that the policy process does not get called.
RAM version is 7202.
I have checked the configuration ,it is fine.Another thing is that if i add the policy as part of the lifecycle it gets called.Is there something that may be missing for policy processes from my side?

2 answers

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Aug 23 '12, 11:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
... I think that the crux of this is the fact that you are using "legacy" lifecycle.  My recommendation to you is to move up to Master/Community/Asset life cycles (... which mean moving up from 7.2.x)

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Aug 22 '12, 7:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You will have to be more specific:

assetType="Template Topology" ... I assume that this is the lifecycle creteria... and that this lifecycle really is the one that is used for the given asset (make sure by clicking the asset's state to see which life cycle it is driven by).

Also, assume that you have the "do not delete" (custom) policy on every state of your lifecycle?

... as a test, make that policy run on an asset update.  ... update the asset and give it a try

Comments
Manjiri Kamat commented Aug 22 '12, 8:29 a.m.

The assetType is the condition added on the policy process.There is no lifecycle configured for this community ,it just has policy processes. The do not delete policy process is set for the action asset delete with a condition that is for which asset type.But i noticed that it does not get called at all.I even tried changing the priority of the process that is moving it up,it did not help.

Gili Mendel commented Aug 22 '12, 10:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What you mean by a policy process, is this the policy implementation (it will be run as part of the RAM server process in this case)?

A policy only runs for at a particular state of a lifecycle.

How did you configure this custom policy?

Manjiri Kamat commented Aug 23 '12, 5:36 a.m.

The policy process is the one that comes as part of the legacy review processes for a community.The policy is configured to run based on the action that is performed and not the state like asset submission,asset delete etc. so you get an option under this legacy review processes to add a policy process ,wherein you can set the action the condition and the policy that should be called.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.