It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

testcase.ID=testscript.XLSArtifactID appears to be crerating two new sections in my imported test case

Welborn Smith (144) | asked Aug 21 '12, 6:07 p.m.

Hello,

I thought I’d debugged a configuration file update to import test cases and scripts under one Excel tab honoring separate naming conventions for both the test script and test case.  All is working great with the exception that the test case is getting created with two new sections, one named ‘ID’ with text containing the test script name, and a section named ‘XLSArtifactID’ with the test case name.

My configuration file is below… any help greatly appreciated.

Scott

---------------------------------------------------------------------

//Start looking for assets after row 1
testscript.XLSStartRow=2
testcase.XLSStartRow=2

//A new test script starts when we encounter an empty row
testscript.XLSDelimeter=\n

//Set the test script name and ID
testscript.XLSArtifactID=F
testscript.dc:title=F

//Test scripts are not required to be in an approved state in order to run the TER record.  Test cases are.
//Importing test scripts as Draft to allow for edits.
//set testscript state to "Draft"
testscript.alm:state ="com.ibm.rqm.planning.common.new"

//Step type is defined within the spreadsheet <== need to add step type column to support reporting steps, TBD
testscript.steps.type="execution"

//Set the test script description
testscript.dc:description=G

//Set the test steps description
testscript.steps.description=J

//Set the expected result
testscript.steps.expectedResult=L

//Set the test case ID to match the test script ID
testcase.ID=testscript.XLSArtifactID

//A new test case starts when we encounter an empty row
testcase.XLSDelimeter=\n

//Set the test case name and ID
testcase.XLSArtifactID=A
testcase.dc:title=A

//Test Cases need to be in Draft in order to generate TER records from underneath the test plan. 
//After genrating TER records mass update test cacses to 'Approved.  Test cases must be in an approved state to run the TER.
//set testcase state to "Draft"
testcase.alm:state="com.ibm.rqm.planning.common.new"

//Set the test case description
testcase.dc:description=B

//Set the test case precondition
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-PRE-COND-TITLE")=Pre(D2)

//Set the test case postcondition
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePostCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-POST-COND-TITLE")=Pre(E2)

//Set the Owner of the test case from Spreadsheet in Domain format (E.g.: AB92383)
//Owner must be entered as configured on the server, and must be a member of the RQM project which assets are being imported.
testcase.jzalm:owner=T

//Set test case weight = 100
testcase.weight="100"

//System/Subsystem category values should match Barometer IT/ClearQuest values.
//And the category values as defined in the Summary section of the Test Case
//Import valid test case Lean specific categories
testcase.category term="Priority".value=S
testcase.category term="Test Cycle".value=U
testcase.category term="Planview ID".value=V
testcase.category term="System".value=W
testcase.category term="Subsystem".value=X
testcase.category term="Test Type".value=Y
testcase.category term="Test Level".value=Z 

//Import valid test case project specific categories
//testcase.category term="YourCategoryName".value=TheColumnInSpreadsheet

//Link the test case and test script
testcase.XLSLink=testscript

//End of file

One answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Aug 22 '12, 4:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Welborn,
when you are using "testcase.ID=testscript.XLSArtifactID" to do a 1-1 link between testscript and testcase, then a new attribute will be created named ID for testcase.
but I saw you also use testcase.XLSLink=testscript to do a 1-many link between testcase and testscript, I think it's not needed to use both of them,
if your worksheet have one testcase and many or one testscript you can use testcase.XLSLink=testscript, and delete the config "testcase.ID=testscript.XLSArtifact.
and there's many testcases and testscripts that you want to do a 1-1 link then keep the testcase.ID=testscript.XLSArtifactID adn delete testcase.XLSLink=testscript.

and for the section XLSArtifactID, it's created from the config file testcase.XLSArtifactID=A, which will use the column A to construct the external id of testcase and create a new section to store the XLSArtifactID.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.