It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I create a multi select attribute in RTC?

David Mehaffy (90123238) | asked Aug 20 '12, 12:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I want a category in a custom workitem type to be able to allow multiple selections from an enumeration.  I have looked at jazz article 130 but when I create an enumeration and a large string container I don't see the ability to add the enumberation as a property - I am only allowed types of readonly, etc.  I have only been successful in adding a single select attribute - what am I doing wrong?

4 answers

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Nov 20 '12, 3:17 a.m.
Is it possible to use this feature with HTTPFiltered values? I couldn't find a way to use it.

Comments
Canberk Akduygu commented Nov 20 '12, 3:37 a.m.

I found the solution. I should have used String List type :)

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k1134139) | answered Nov 16 '12, 1:52 p.m.
did we figure this one out ..I just migrated to 4.0.0.1 .. had my enumeration already setup, created a new attribute to use that enumeration and select enumeration list - in editor presentation - removed old entry replace with new attribute - but don't see an "checkbox enumeration list" kind as an option ?

permanent link
Daniel Pool (2644) | answered Aug 21 '12, 1:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think you want to use an enumeration list. Which is new in 4.0.

Comments
David Mehaffy commented Aug 21 '12, 10:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I wonder if this is working? I created an enumeration with the items I want then created an type and added the enumeration list to it. Then in presentation I added the new type and selected checkbox enumeration list as kind. In the view it looks right with option 1, 2, 3 with checkboxes and I save. When I go to use it in a real work item there is nothing there.

permanent link
Suresh Raman (9152332) | answered Aug 20 '12, 12:41 p.m.
Create an enumeration first. Then create a medium string container. Then when you create the editor presentation for it, you will be able to select multi-select and select the enumeration.

Comments
David Mehaffy commented Aug 20 '12, 1:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I guess I am missing something - when you say create a container I assume you mean create another attribute of type medium string? I do that and add it to presentation and make it kind of value set combo but I don't see anything that allows me to add the enumeration ?

Suresh Raman commented Aug 20 '12, 4:54 p.m.

Yes, I did mean attribute. When adding to the presentation, instead of selecting value set, select multi-select list and you should be able to edit/select enumeration.

And I assume you are on 3.x.

David Mehaffy commented Aug 21 '12, 10:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

No I am on 4.0

Suresh Raman commented Aug 21 '12, 10:41 a.m.

In 4.0, create the enumeration first. Then when creating the attribute, select the Enumeration list that you created in the first step. Then add it to the presentation.

David Mehaffy commented Aug 23 '12, 9:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Guess I need to open a Defect as I have done this and it does not work - it seems to suggest that it should work in the editor presentation as it shows option 1..3 as check boxes but in the real workitem there is nothing there but the title of the attribute.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.