It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Invalid value of attribute error

Arunodaya Nayak (111) | asked Aug 17 '12, 1:23 a.m.

We have a field of enumaration type and some how that enumaration does not exist and the attribute also no use but it was effecting when applied (Attribute Customization-Validator).

Action taken to remove the attribute as below-

1 - Removed attribute from Type and Attributes

2- Removed from Editor presentation

3- Clear Operation table->save WI

Still i can see the error "Invalid value of attribute 'Lead Analyst' in work item '56': Not applicable"

Any suggestion pls.

Regards

Arun.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 17 '12, 4:31 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Arun,

I don't understand your question.

Comments
Pavithra Kasturirangan commented Aug 21 '12, 6:39 a.m. | edited Aug 21 '12, 6:41 a.m.

Hi Ralph, There was an enumeration created and added to the workitem. Now, the workitems are created . Then for some reasons, the enumeration field has been removed. Next, the existing workitems are sync'd so that the enumeration removal is refreshed in workitems. We add a new regular expression as a validator so that a specific field accepts data only in the format "https://" . We then go to the operation behavior and add a precondition "Attribute Validation" so that it stops the workitem from being saved if the field value is not in the required format. When this "Attribute Validation" is set in the operation behavior, it stops the workitem from saving on any change to the workitem with the message "Invalid value of attribute 'XXXXX' in work item 'yyy': Not applicable" . XXXXXX here refers to the enumeration that was removed.

This has no dependency on the change. Irrespective of whatever is changed in the workitem, it throws this error.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 21 '12, 6:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I am not completely, but reasonably, sure that you can't remove an attribute from the work item in the database. See https://jazz.net/forum/questions/70775/how-to-delete-an-attribute-definition-from-a-project and there are a bunch of other hits with search engines. I am not sure what I would try, but potentially bring back the enumeration and try to set the attribute correctly or duplicate the work item and remove the old one if it is just a few that have this problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.