It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error exporting RTC files to ClearCase

Jaygee Santos (272813) | asked Aug 16 '12, 3:28 p.m.

Hello.

I am trying to set up the ClearCase synchronizer in RTC 3.0.1.  I have set up a host with the RTC thick client, synchronizer installed, and ClearCase v7.1.2 thick client.  I have setup the synchronizer id to have the roles and access required in RTC and ClearCase.

I was able to get the ClearCase import into RTC to work with no problems. 

I am having problems trying to get files added in RTC exported into the same ClearCase UCM stream I imported from.  These files are currently only added in RTC and are not yet in the ClearCase component VOB.

As I select the folder to synchronize, the synchronizer executes and begins to add the new folders into ClearCase.  However, it gets an error on the first element that is a file.  A sample of the error:

Processed activity "Created folder: test" in 0 millisecond(s)

28 of 81 changes have been performed

Creating 53 files

Processed activity "Error while trying to transfer: Pathname|/workspace/_vKK94OZbEeG586GmRBpYTA/dls_test_ccsync/PropertyJAVATest

Reason Code: forbidden

Reason: Failure while trying to execute cleartool command:

cleartool checkout -nc M:/DO_NOT_USE_test_ccsync_proj_Int_1/dls_test_ccsync/PropertyJAVATest/src/com/allcorp/premium/property/helpers/testdata/DiscountOrSurchargeBuilder.java

cleartool: Error: Pathname not found: "M:/DO_NOT_USE_test_ccsync_proj_Int_1/dls_test_ccsync/PropertyJAVATest/src/com/allcorp/premium/property/helpers/testdata/DiscountOrSurchargeBuilder.java".

current working directory: M:\DO_NOT_USE_test_ccsync_proj_Int_1

Why would the synchronize attempt to checkout the file if it still does not exist in ClearCase.  It is still a view-private file.  Shouldn't it be adding it to source instead?  Am I missing a setting for the synchronizer?

Thanks,
Jaygee

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 18 '12, 8:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This should work, so it would be best to work with IBM support, so they can collect log files, and see what is happening in your environment.  In particular, they will help you turn on logging, so you can see the cleartool commands preceding the one that failed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.