It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dashboard modifications are not allowed while an application is being upgraded

Ioan Jones (3037) | asked Aug 16 '12, 12:39 p.m.
edited Aug 16 '12, 12:40 p.m.

Wondered if anyone has seen this before...

We successfully completed an upgrade of our 3.0.1.2 CCM/RM/JTS test environment (WAS 7.0.0.17 & Derby) to 4.0.  Now, we see the following error message when trying to save a dashboard:

There was a problem saving the dashboard: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Dashboard modifications are not allowed while an application is being upgraded
Prior to the upgrade, we were able to save dashboards succesfullly.   We're able to create Work Items - this seems limited to Dashboards only.  Mortal users and admins see the same message.  Same message for personal and team dashboards.
From the error message I'm assuming there's some flag somewhere that blocks dashboard updates while some process runs as part of the upgrade.  For some reason, this flag wasn't reset after the successful completion of the upgrade.
Thanks for any help! 

3 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Aug 16 '12, 4:44 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This sounds like it could be a defect. If you haven't already, you should consider filing a workitem against Web UI -> Dashboards.

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Sep 14 '12, 6:42 a.m.
I had the customer with the same issue. You must check your jts,ccm,qm and rm.log. We had following error message:

ERROR ronting.server.services.discov ery.DiscoveryService  - Server Error: Entry [5eac0b15f37d1132]
com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.ex ception.ServiceUnavailableExce ption: Server state invalid: REQUIRES_MIGRATION

After finishing migration of RRC the issue has been fixed.

permanent link
Ioan Jones (3037) | answered Sep 19 '12, 4:56 p.m.

After opening an PMR, support came back right away with the solution (as did Krzysztof)... unfortunately for me it was RTFM:

I failed to run the RRC Migration steps (see the Migrating Requirements Composer section of the Upgrading to version 4.0 Interactive Guide).  After running the migration tool at https://hostname.example.com:port/rm/web/projects/migration and restarting WebSphere the problem was solved.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.