It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automation of Execution Record status based on delivered RPT projects and completed RTC Work Items

Raimee Stevens (1322) | asked Aug 16 '12, 12:02 p.m.
I'm evaluating the feasibility of the following scenario. Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

Using RTC v2.0 and it's API's,  looking for ways to automate the process of updating ER's in RQM.

Background:
We are using RTC Jazz plugin for RPT to deliver RPT Testcases for source control. Streams are being
used for each release. A stream contains multiple components, all related to the same Release. Each
component contains RPT Projects related to a specific testcase, in the overall plan.

When an RPT testcase is executed, it generates results. The Testcase and Results are delivered to RTC
via the jazz plugin. An RTC Task or RQM Work Item is associated with the delivery of results. I am interested
in building some automation that would update an Execution Record in RQM, based on the delivery.

Tester delivers RPT Results to RTC (completing an RTC Task at this time). The RPT project will contain
the RPT results, and additionally some other logs, such as nmon, located in some folder in the RPT project.
Also included in the project folder would be a text file identifying any fields required in the RQM Execution Record.

Question:
Can the RTC API's be used to create a program which identifies these RPT Project deliveries and then update
the corresponding Execution Record in RQM?  I imaging the text file mentioned above could contain all relevent information needed to identify the Execution record.

One answer

permanent link
Raimee Stevens (1322) | answered Aug 17 '12, 4:58 p.m.
I am referencing some other material that maybe a more correct approach, based on  the RQM command line
tool: https://jazz.net/library/article/809#AttachFiles

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.