It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team Concert and Build Forge not in sync on build completion status

Tim Feeney (30745745) | asked Aug 15 '12, 7:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have run several RBF builds initiated from RTC via the RTC/RBF integration.  These builds have completed, as shown by the RBF console, however, RTC still shows them as in progress.  The build results have been recorded in RTC and appear to be complete (along with all the artifact publishing, links, etc).  I have restarted both the RBF engine and the JTS.  So the question is how do these get out of sync and how do we rectify it?  Has anyone else seen this?  Is this a known issue that can come up?  Note this is happening for one particular build definition, not all of them.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Aug 16 '12, 8:24 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is definitely a known issue that can occur.  The integration is entirely event driven at the moment so if there is no event to move the build out of its current state, then it will remain in that state.  Also the event processing was rocky pre-3.0.1.1.  I would say that it is very unlikely to occur in 4.0, but that being said the events only last 20 minutes in BF so if it is stuck for longer than that, the only recourse is to cancel the RTC build.  We have also seen problems with sharing BF user ids between RTC instances that can cause synchronization problems.

~Spencer
Tim Feeney selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tim Feeney commented Aug 16 '12, 9:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Spencer. I am using RTC 4.x and BF 7.1.3. Note the builds have been 'running' for 16 hours now though they really completed in 2 minutes. I will cancel them.

2 other answers

permanent link
vikram shahi (1) | answered Jun 28 '13, 11:58 a.m.
Julien, Was your issue resolved? We are experiencing similar issues after RTC upgrade
Julien Delgoulet commented Aug 22 '12, 8:54 a.m.
Well, as far as I know the only integration between Buildforge and RTC is thru the JBE adaptor. (which simply launch the jbe on request). To resume the situation and give some updates : Everything was working fine when RTC was 3.x as soon as we updated to 4.0, ssl connection did not work anymore and so much more ... Now that we moved to 4.0 : - Buildforge build engine are always marked with "warning - The build engine process may not be running" : if I do a "Test connection, test ends up succesfully). - When I kick off a build from RTC (right click - request a build then submit) I get a popup saying that my build do not appear to be processing request BUT, if I do the same request and update the Build Engine property (in the request pop up) with the buildforge build engine, then the build is kicked off ... (Looks like there is something broken between builds engine and build definition). - Also when builds run into buildforge I get no progess in RTC (the build status is always "no progress information" and never ends - even if the build is finished on the buildforge side ...) so I have to check into buildforge that my build is finished then do an "Abandon" in RTC..

permanent link
Julien Delgoulet (6) | answered Aug 16 '12, 9:37 a.m.
We have the same issue overhere with RTC 4 and buildforge 7.1.3.3.
@Spencer :  you said it is a know issue. Is there any defect we can follow ?

Comments
Spencer Murata commented Aug 16 '12, 3:49 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you are having a consistent problem with 4.0, open up a PMR. We don't have any outstanding defects with 4.0 that would cause a consistent build hang problem with RTC/BF and we would need to collect some logs and troubleshoot the problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.