It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirement Traceability through RQM

anthony baer (887) | asked Aug 15 '12, 1:33 p.m.
Requirement 1:
Need the ability to produce a Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) across the artifacts listed below in ReqPro and RQM in an automated fashion to a Spreadsheet (preferred method) or word document.

Requirement 2:
Need the ability to identify Re-Usability artifacts across ReqPro and Rational Quality Manager (RQM).  If I have an application release that has been deployed (expl WGS app release 6.0) I can run an report that would show me the existing Stakeholder Request, Features, Business Rules, Supplemental Specifications, Use Cases in ReqPro and SIT Test Cases, UAT Test Cases, SIT Test Scripts, UAT Test Scripts in RQM.  I would then be able to identify which requirements will remain the same (no changes), which requirements will need to change (modification to existing functionality) and where I need to capture / define new requirements (new functionality).  In turn, this would allow me to identify which test cases /scripts would be re-usable, need to be modified or created.

Additional Information:
Rational Tools Suite integrated except for ClearCase presently.
Currently, to create a requirements traceability matrix across ReqPro and Rational Quality Manager (RQM), teams have to copy and paste information from the two tools into a spreadsheet to supply the mapping.
Artifacts in ReqPro – Stakeholder Request, Features, Business Rules, Supplemental Specifications, Use Cases
Artifacts in RQM – SIT Test Cases, UAT Test Cases, SIT Test Scripts, UAT Test Scripts

Feel free to reach out to me should you have any additional questions.

Comments
Scarlett Li commented Aug 17 '12, 5:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

For Requirement 2,

This is a very interesting request, could you please be more specific or maybe provide a simple sample. How will you make the decision about whether the "requirement need change" by viewing the exisiting request reports. In another words, I want to understand the metric or policy for you to make descisions on the reports OR maybe apply these metric or policy to the reports.

Best Regards, Scarlett

One answer

permanent link
Scarlett Li (20149) | answered Aug 17 '12, 5:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Anthony,

For Requirement 1: RQM can integrate with another document generation tool named "Rational Publishing Engine", it is a lightwight tool who can integrate with several data sources. with that tool you can genrate word, pdf, html, etc document which contains data from the integrated tools (RQM, DOORs, RRC, ReqPro, RTC, etc.).

Thanks,

Scarlett

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.