It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC User-Id Case Sensitive Issue

R Z (1273252) | asked Aug 15 '12, 4:23 a.m.
edited Aug 15 '12, 4:27 a.m.

Hi Team,

We host multiple RTC Projects for our clients, recently we experienced one issue, user was able to login with his user-id in uppercase, and if you check the user profile it says ADMIN.

However we have verified the JTS settings called “com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ContributorService”parameter  set to false that means the user id is case sensitive. One should be able to login with only lower case (LDAP lower case ids), but here user is able to login with upper case also.

Even  i was able to login with Upper case and Display name it says ADMIN.

Environment Details:

RTC 3.0.1.1

Application Server: Tomcat

Windows OS and MS Active Directory Services.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Assassin 777

Accepted answer

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Aug 15 '12, 6:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 15 '12, 6:56 a.m.
This is because your LDAP server is case insensitive.  When you log in as Jsmith or jsmith the LDAP server sends back a success so you can log in but the account in the  RTC database does not match so the account shows up as ADMIN.  The only ways to resolve it that I know of  is to set RTC to be case insensitive.  And as Jared mentioned you will need to set that for each application separately.  Or you could configure LDAP to be case sensitive. 

R Z selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
R Z commented Aug 15 '12, 10:54 a.m.

Thank you for the responses. I was able to resolve ADMIN issue. Need to check LDAP side.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 15 '12, 11:09 a.m. | edited Aug 15 '12, 11:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Karl, great insight. I was not aware an LDAP could be case insensitive. Thanks, very useful.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 15 '12, 5:35 a.m.
I think it needs to be done in JTS, CCM, QM. RM uses JTS as far as I know.
I would also disable ADMIN which setup does by default http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/tdisableadmin.html .
R Z selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
R Z commented Aug 15 '12, 6:28 a.m.

Guys,

Admin account is already disabled and i have verified the parameter "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ContributorService" both in /jts/admin and /ccm/admin, it is set to False.

Thank You

2 other answers

permanent link
Sajjad Ali Khan (314152) | answered Nov 07 '16, 7:53 a.m.
 Dear Jared Russell , Riaaz Shaik & Ralph Schoon 

I am having a same issue currently and i have even set Use case insensitive user ID matching "True" which is by default was false but still if i change the case of user id and then login then system show ADMIN.

Can you guys assist me resolve this issue ?

Regards,
SAJJAD

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 07 '16, 8:10 a.m.

Consider approaching support, or fix the user ID's so you don't need the case insensitive flag, which is a crutch for users that don't want to fix the problem in the first place.  See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/changing-the-jazz-user-id-using-the-rtc-plain-java-client-libraries/

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Aug 15 '12, 4:30 a.m.
edited Aug 15 '12, 4:31 a.m.
The  Use case insensitive user ID matching property needs to be set within each of your CLM applications (jts, ccm, etc).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.