It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

View all change sets via SCM command

Wei Huang (748) | asked Aug 15 '12, 2:42 a.m.
edited Aug 15 '12, 7:50 a.m. by DJ Houghton (2663)
 Hi There,

I am wondering whether there is a way to view all file names in a change set via SCM command. I'm using RTC 3.0.1.2, and appears someone ever raised this question 2 years ago.

Another thing I'm also interested is:
Is it possible to get all change sets from a stream/baseline? - I want to get the change sets from all the team members.

Could you kindly take a look at this problem?

Thanks,
Wei.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Aug 15 '12, 11:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In 3.x, 'scm list changeset' will list you the file names (not the content) in the change set.
In 4.0, the above subcommand got renamed to 'list changes'. 'list changeset' will now list the change sets in a workspace/stream/component/baseline and it has other options similar to the menu item Search->Jazz Source Control->Change Sets... in the Eclipse client.
Wei Huang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Wei Huang commented Aug 16 '12, 4:47 a.m. | edited Aug 16 '12, 8:36 p.m.

Thanks Shashikant. The <ls> command is quite useful for me.

BTW: I found a command <history> could get the change sets in a Stream.
And it appears "scm history" returned 10 records by default and said: there may be additional history before this point.

I noticed there is a parameter "-m" to specify the number of maximum results - like this
scm history -m 50
However, is there a way to return ALL the records?

BTW: The performance of command "scm history -m 50" is pretty bad - I always can't wait for its results returning to cancel the command as it's too slow.

Thanks in advance.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 16 '12, 8:39 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The comment above is somewhat contradictory. On one hand, you ask for a way to ask for all the results, not just a specified number. On the other hand, you say that asking for the specified number is too slow (which is why there is no -all option). Or are you asking for a way to request a specified chunk of the history, e.g. "scm history -from 50 -to 60" ?

Wei Huang commented Aug 17 '12, 2:23 a.m.

My ultimate goal is to get ALL results - so 50 is only for testing. If the number of all results is larger than 50, then I have to try another number, e.g. 100.

One other answer

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Aug 15 '12, 8:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Enhancement 103709  was opened from that post you linked to and in that ER it said that 'scm diff changeset <cs-selector>' shows the contents of a change set.
Is that what you were looking for?

Comments
Wei Huang commented Aug 15 '12, 10:29 p.m.

Sorry, Karl, I'm not going to compare the changeset between 2 snapshots. My ultimate goal is to find out all the changed files in a Stream, and then update the copyright header via a script.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.