It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there documentation on the CLM 4 migration ETL's for Insight?

Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | asked Aug 14 '12, 4:18 p.m.
With the CLM 4.0 ETL's, there are several Migration Jobs included in the ETL package - including RTC, RQM, and JFS migration jobs.  Is there documentation on when/where to run these jobs?  In the past, order has mattered and I assume it does in this case as well, so documentation on that would also be nice.

Also, I see some 'Parallel' jobs in the RQM package, can I get some information on when those should be used?

Comments
Peng Peng Wang commented Aug 19 '12, 11:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Jackie, Could you tell me the details for your migration scenario? Which versions are your current configurations for CLM and Insight? Are you using CLM 3.0.1 and Insight 1.1 ?

Jackie Albert commented Aug 19 '12, 11:42 p.m.

We are currently using CLM 3.0.1.3 and Insight 1.0.1.1.

Peng Peng Wang commented Aug 20 '12, 12:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

CLM3.0.1.3 should be align with Insight 1.1. Could I assume you created DW schema and FM models downloaded form CLM 3.0.1.3? If so, you want to do the migration from CLM3.0.1.3 to CLm 4.0, and migration Insight 1.0.1.1 to Insight 1.1.1, correct?

Peng Peng Wang commented Aug 20 '12, 12:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

And please tell me how you using the CLM 3.0.1.3 as following: 1. How many JTS servers and CCM/QM/RM servers you are using ETL to load data? 2. Did you merge the XDC files as one. Or , just download the XDC file from CLM web console 3. Is there any customization for your application on ETL, FM models?

Jackie Albert commented Aug 20 '12, 10:11 a.m.

Yes, we currently have the DW schema, FM models, and ETLs downloaded from CLM 3.0.1.3. First we will migrate to Insight 1.1.1 with CLM 3.0.1.3, and will transfer to the CLM 4.0 ETL's after all our CLM servers are upgraded. I have been told that the CLM 3.0.1.3 ETL's with Insight 1.1.1 will be upwards compatible to use with CLM 4.0 until all of our CLM environments are at the 4.0 level. With so many CLM environments we cannot upgrade all at once, they will be staged over at least a month, possibly longer.

We have 10 JTS servers with multiple CCM and QM servers, so we cannot just download and use the XDC files, we must merge them together. We also have customized the FM model and ETL's also. We have created ETL packages so those are easy to apply, but I'm more concerned about how to merge in the FM changes with our model.

3 answers

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Aug 31 '12, 11:30 a.m.
Are there any updates here? Can anyone answer my question?

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Aug 15 '12, 9:56 a.m.
Follow-on similar question...   apparently there is a "repotools-jts -upgradeWarehouse" command that needs to be done against my warehouse.  Should that be done before or after I upgrade my warehouse to Insight 1.1.1? 

Comments
sam detweiler commented Aug 16 '12, 8:16 a.m.

note that Insight 1.1.1 cannot be used with RTC 4.0.. you must wait (like we are) for and updated Insight package.

Jackie Albert commented Aug 16 '12, 9:18 a.m.

The updated Insight package is Insight 1.1.1 - we are testing with a pre-GA milestone.

sam detweiler commented Aug 16 '12, 4:49 p.m.

yes, I meant 1.1.. I have GOT to look at the milestones.. thanks for the kick..

permanent link
Yong Hao Zhou (561) | answered Aug 16 '12, 4:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jackie, for the DM ETL migration jobs' sequence, I will consult with team for sure, when I get some solid answer, I will reply this thread.

The parallel ETL job aims to improve ETL performance, with the jobs parallel executed, the total time will be reduced, here is a section in What's new in Rational Quality Manager 4.0 , once you want to accelerate the ETL jobs, you can try with that. Note, if parallel ETL jobs are enabled, the log message might be ordered, will be complex to analysis the log.

Comments
Jackie Albert commented Aug 16 '12, 4:36 p.m.

I looked at the "What's new in Rational Quality Manager 4.0" presentation, but did not see anything about the parallel jobs.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.