It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM V4.0 and a MiFi

Adrian Daniels (6312120) | asked Aug 14 '12, 11:50 a.m.
retagged Aug 17 '12, 1:30 p.m. by Mridula Muppana (1261)
Hi,

I have recently upgraded to a Retina Mac Book Pro.
On it I run the latest release of VMWare Fusion 4 and on that a Windows 2008 R2 server image to demonstrate CLM v4. This image was working well on my previous Mac Book Pro, and it works well on the new Mac - so all is well you would think !

On the new Mac I have a strange phenomenon when using a MiFi device (Huawei e585) as the network. It manifested itself when I was demonstrating the other day and running a Web Conference over the 3G network the MiFi was connected to.

When ever the MiFi was connected the speed of CLM through the web (local browser in the VM) slowed to 20 or 30 times slower. Turn Wifi off and the speed goes back to normal.

So something strange is happening to the network when connected via MiFI - the actual browsing to internet based websites was still fast though.

A strange one that I was going to ignore as I had reverted to a USB 3G stick instead, which works well. But another colleague with the same setup has just experienced the same problem - so I thought I would ask if anyone else had experienced this.

I am still seeing that demoing CLM V4 is slower that CLM V3 (not as slow as above) and wondered if this may be a clue to it ?

Cheers,
Adrian

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 17 '12, 4:16 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please see this comment about issues with DNS slowing down the solution: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/83433/v4-response-time-very-slow for 4.0. Maybe you are suffering a similar effect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.