It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz WebUI returns page cannot be display err (license prob)

Jeffrey Liu (111131) | asked Sep 15 '08, 1:47 p.m.
I am extending RTC, so I have setup a dev env to launch RTC. When I load http://localhost:9080/jazz/web in my browser (IE), I am getting back a page cannot be displayed error. If I use FireFox, I get a redirect loop error (see below). I did notice some warning messages in the Eclipse console when I load the page. They are warnings about bad license or something. Please help.

13:41:25,937 WARN ory.service.AbstractConfigurationPropertyValidator - CRJAZ1236I A development time license is being used. If you are running an official build of the Jazz Team Server, then your license setup is in a bad state. Check the log for details about license installation failures.
13:41:26,405 INFO m.team.fulltext.service.internal.index.IndexConfig - Fulltext Index Location: D:\rtc_1.0\jazz\server\fulltext_index\
13:41:27,015 INFO .repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionFactory - Initial database connection successful
Db Product Name: Apache Derby
Db Product Version: 10.3.2.2 - (650004)
Db Name/Location: D:\rtc_1.0\jazz\client\eclipse/../../server/repositoryDB
13:41:28,640 WARN com.ibm.team.repository - CRJAZ1236I A development time license is being used. If you are running an official build of the Jazz Team Server, then your license setup is in a bad state. Check the log for details about license installation failures.
13:41:28,640 WARN com.ibm.team.repository - CRJAZ0956I The server license will expire on Fri Aug 15 13:41:28 EDT 2008.
13:41:29,624 WARN com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.TeamServerServlet - CRJAZ1181I Security notice during initialization: Allowing ADMIN user access. It is recommended that you disable the ADMIN user and create a real user with administrative rights.
13:41:29,624 WARN com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.TeamServerServlet - CRJAZ1182I Security notice during initialization: Allowing identity assertion. This should only be enabled at development time.

-------------- FireFox output ----------------

Redirect Loop

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
* NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer.

5 answers

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Sep 16 '08, 9:35 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks like you don't have all of the required plugins in your launch
configuration. You should be sure to include both repository.service
and repository.web in your launch configuration and that they have all
of their pre-requisites satisfied.

Matt Lavin
Jazz Server Team

jeffliu wrote:
I am extending RTC, so I have setup a dev env to launch RTC. When I
load http://localhost:9080/jazz/web in my browser (IE), I am getting
back a page cannot be displayed error. If I use FireFox, I get a
redirect loop error (see below). I did notice some warning messages
in the Eclipse console when I load the page. They are warnings about
bad license or something. Please help.

13:41:25,937 WARN
ory.service.AbstractConfigurationPropertyValidator - CRJAZ1236I A
development time license is being used. If you are running an
official build of the Jazz Team Server, then your license setup is in
a bad state. Check the log for details about license installation
failures.
13:41:26,405 INFO
m.team.fulltext.service.internal.index.IndexConfig - Fulltext Index
13:41:27,015 INFO
repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionFactory - Initial
database connection successful
Db Product Version: 10.3.2.2 - (650004)
Db Name/Location:
D:\rtc_1.0\jazz\client\eclipse/../../server/repositoryDB
13:41:28,640 WARN com.ibm.team.repository
- CRJAZ1236I A development time license is being
used. If you are running an official build of the Jazz Team Server,
then your license setup is in a bad state. Check the log for details
about license installation failures.
13:41:28,640 WARN com.ibm.team.repository
- CRJAZ0956I The server license will expire on Fri
Aug 15 13:41:28 EDT 2008.
13:41:29,624 WARN
com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.TeamServerServlet - CRJAZ1181I
Security notice during initialization: Allowing ADMIN user access.
It is recommended that you disable the ADMIN user and create a real
user with administrative rights.
13:41:29,624 WARN
com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.TeamServerServlet - CRJAZ1182I
Security notice during initialization: Allowing identity assertion.
This should only be enabled at development time.

-------------- FireFox output ----------------

Redirect Loop

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for
this address in a way that will never complete.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The
site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
* NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the
problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your
computer.

permanent link
Jeffrey Liu (111131) | answered Sep 16 '08, 10:00 a.m.
I am pretty sure my launch config is correct. I even downloaded JazzServer-06-RTC10-Maximal.launch again, added common.logging, log4j and my workspace bundles to the list of bundles, and then relaunch my server. Still the same problem.

permanent link
Jeffrey Liu (111131) | answered Sep 16 '08, 10:17 a.m.
I just created a new workspace, copied my workspace bundles over, use the same launch config to start the server, and it works..... So, looks like somehow my old workspace is corrupted... possible bug? If you want a copy of my workspace to debug what the problem is, just let me know. But at least in the meantime, I am unblocked.

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Sep 30 '08, 6:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am seeing a similar error and not able to get past it. I have the repository.service and repository.web enabled.

I have one error though in the console...

2008-09-30 15:25:10.218 - FrameworkManager: (SAT-110.1101) A framework error has occurred.
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.JDIDebugUIPlugin.start() of bundle org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui.
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1018)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:974)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:350)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1118)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:634)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:282)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:468)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:195)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:297)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.debug.ui.DebugUITools
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.JavaDebugOptionsManager.<clinit>(JavaDebugOptionsManager.java:107)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:194)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.JDIDebugUIPlugin.start(JDIDebugUIPlugin.java:334)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:999)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:993)
... 10 more
2008-09-30 15:25:13.234 - FrameworkManager: (SAT-110.1101) A framework error has occurred.
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.start() of bundle org.eclipse.debug.ui.
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1018)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:974)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:350)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1118)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:634)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:282)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:468)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:195)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:297)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created yet.
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.getWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:92)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.contextlaunching.LaunchingResourceManager.startup(LaunchingResourceManager.java:353)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.getLaunchingResourceManager(DebugUIPlugin.java:310)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.start(DebugUIPlugin.java:501)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:999)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:993)
... 10 more
15:27:13,140 INFO uration.OverridablePropertyFileServerConfiguration - Loading configuration from "file:/C:/Documents and Settings/spadur/WorkItemEnterpriseWorkspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/Test Configuration1/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/330/data/teamserver.properties".
15:27:17,281 WARN ory.service.AbstractConfigurationPropertyValidator - CRJAZ1236I A development time license is being used. If you are running an official build of the Jazz Team Server, then your license setup is in a bad state. Check the log for details about license installation failures.
15:27:21,562 INFO .repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionFactory - Attempting Initial Database Connection Using
Db Name/Location: c:\testDB
15:27:25,343 INFO .repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionFactory - Initial database connection successful
Db Product Version: 10.3.3.1 - (677131)
Db URL: jdbc:derby:c:\testDB
Jdbc Driver Name: Apache Derby Embedded JDBC Driver
Jdbc Driver Version: 10.3.3.1 - (677131)
15:27:30,250 WARN m.team.fulltext.service.internal.index.IndexConfig - CRJAZ8180E: Using temporary directory as index location. Please set the configuration parameter com.ibm.team.fulltext.indexLocation
15:27:30,265 INFO m.team.fulltext.service.internal.index.IndexConfig - Fulltext Index Location: C:\DOCUME~1\spadur\LOCALS~1\Temp\fulltext_index\
15:27:47,656 WARN com.ibm.team.repository - CRJAZ1236I A development time license is being used. If you are running an official build of the Jazz Team Server, then your license setup is in a bad state. Check the log for details about license installation failures.
15:27:47,656 WARN com.ibm.team.repository - CRJAZ0956I The server's license will expire on Sun Nov 30 15:27:47 IST 2008.
15:27:58,250 WARN com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.TeamServerServlet - CRJAZ1181I Security notice during initialization: Allowing ADMIN user access. It is recommended that you disable the ADMIN user and create a real user with administrative rights.
15:27:58,250 WARN com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.TeamServerServlet - CRJAZ1182I Security notice during initialization: Allowing identity assertion. This should only be enabled at development time.

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Oct 01 '08, 2:29 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks like you have too many plugins included in your launch
configuration. If you are trying to run an Jazz server, you don't need
to include the 'org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui' or any other Eclipse UI
related plugins.

Matt Lavin
Jazz Server Team

spadur wrote:
I am seeing a similar error and not able to get past it. I have the
repository.service and repository.web enabled.

I have one error though in the console...

2008-09-30 15:25:10.218 - FrameworkManager: (SAT-110.1101) A
framework error has occurred.
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.JDIDebugUIPlugin.start() of bundle
org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui.
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1018)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:974)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:350)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1118)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:634)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:282)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:468)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:195)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:297)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org.eclipse.debug.ui.DebugUITools
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.JavaDebugOptionsManager.<clinit>(JavaDebugOptionsManager.java:107)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:194)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.JDIDebugUIPlugin.start(JDIDebugUIPlugin.java:334)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:999)
at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:993)
... 10 more
2008-09-30 15:25:13.234 - FrameworkManager: (SAT-110.1101) A
framework error has occurred.
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.start() of bundle
org.eclipse.debug.ui.
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1018)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:974)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:350)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1118)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:634)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:282)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:468)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:195)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:297)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been
created yet.
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.getWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:92)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.contextlaunching.LaunchingResourceManager.startup(LaunchingResourceManager.java:353)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.getLaunchingResourceManager(DebugUIPlugin.java:310)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.start(DebugUIPlugin.java:501)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:999)
at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:993)
... 10 more
15:27:13,140 INFO
uration.OverridablePropertyFileServerConfiguration - Loading
configuration from "file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/spadur/WorkItemEnterpriseWorkspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/Test
Configuration1/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/330/data/teamserver.properties".
15:27:17,281 WARN
ory.service.AbstractConfigurationPropertyValidator - CRJAZ1236I A
development time license is being used. If you are running an
official build of the Jazz Team Server, then your license setup is in
a bad state. Check the log for details about license installation
failures.
15:27:21,562 INFO
repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionFactory - Attempting
Initial Database Connection Using
Db Name/Location: c:\testDB
15:27:25,343 INFO
repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionFactory - Initial
database connection successful
Db Product Version: 10.3.3.1 - (677131)
Db URL: jdbc:derby:c:\testDB
Jdbc Driver Name: Apache Derby Embedded JDBC Driver
Jdbc Driver Version: 10.3.3.1 - (677131)
15:27:30,250 WARN
m.team.fulltext.service.internal.index.IndexConfig - CRJAZ8180E:
Using temporary directory as index location. Please set the
configuration parameter com.ibm.team.fulltext.indexLocation
15:27:30,265 INFO
m.team.fulltext.service.internal.index.IndexConfig - Fulltext Index
15:27:47,656 WARN com.ibm.team.repository
- CRJAZ1236I A development time license is being
used. If you are running an official build of the Jazz Team Server,
then your license setup is in a bad state. Check the log for details
about license installation failures.
15:27:47,656 WARN com.ibm.team.repository
- CRJAZ0956I The server's license will expire on Sun
Nov 30 15:27:47 IST 2008.
15:27:58,250 WARN
com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.TeamServerServlet - CRJAZ1181I
Security notice during initialization: Allowing ADMIN user access.
It is recommended that you disable the ADMIN user and create a real
user with administrative rights.
15:27:58,250 WARN
com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.TeamServerServlet - CRJAZ1182I
Security notice during initialization: Allowing identity assertion.
This should only be enabled at development time.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.