It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Run j2ee ant task in Jazz Build Engine (JBE)

specting jazz (1122) | asked Aug 13 '12, 5:58 a.m.
We are working with RTC, JBE and WebSphere in z/OS.

Now we are running Ant and Contrib tasks together, besides we want to run j2ee tasks like WARexport and EARexport. The j2ee tasks are implemented in the Websphere Software Build Utility:

We have installed the Build Utility following this instructions:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rad.install.doc/topics/c_install_build_utility_8.html

But we get error in the taskdef of any j2ee task

How is the JCL that start the JBE to run the j2ee tasks?

Are there any way to combine j2ee tasks with RTC tasks in a JBE?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 13 '12, 7:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Javier,
I would suggest to name the error you get, and the versions you are using. Otherwise it will be very hard to answer. Have you run the other build tool successfully e.g. from a command line?
I don't know your build tool, but my assumption is, you would have to run the JCL for the Java related things and the other build tool for the J2EE related things.

permanent link
Steve Dearth (2212) | answered Aug 13 '12, 11:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Javier,

The member <HLQ>.SBLZSAMP(BLZBENG) is used to start the JBE on z/OS, but I suspect there isn't anything you'd need to change in the startup JCL in order to accomplish what you're trying to do. 

I'm not familiar with the WebSphere Software Build Utility, but I can say that in general, making ant tasks available through your builds can be accomplished in a number of ways.

- You can add them through your Build Definition by specifying the -lib ant parameter on the Ant tab's Ant arguments.
- You can copy the appropriate jars to <install_dir>/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.ant_<version>/lib

That said, I suspect that getting the ant tasks added to the ant classpath isn't going to be sufficient to get the utility working for you. A quick glance at the documentation suggests that it may have more going on than a simple collection of ant tasks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.