It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The report resource with the ID 'EWI.Microtester' is not deployed to the selected project area on the server

David Hanslip (23124448) | asked Aug 10 '12, 2:32 a.m.
Hi,

In RQM 4.0, when I attempt to select a query in either of the following widgets: "Test Cases impacted by Defects" and "Execution and Defects by Owner" I receive the error message:

The report resource with the ID 'EWI.Microtester' is not deployed to the selected project area on the server. The report resource is required to save report queries and render results. Ask and Administrator for the project area to deploy the report resource to the project area on the server.

I found guidance in the Help on deploying new report resources, but where do I find this resource in order to deploy it?

Thanks, Dave.

2 answers

permanent link
Yong Hao Zhou (561) | answered Aug 13 '12, 5:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi David, the report templates could be found in <CLM_install_path>\server\conf\qm\sites\rqm-update-site\plugins\com.ibm.rqm.reports.templates<version>.jar, please unzip this jar file into you local disk, and template for "Execution and Defects by Owner" lies in live\execution\micro\Micro Execution and defects by owner.rptdesign, its report resource identifier is "EWI.Microtester"; and template for "Execution and Defects by Owner" lies in live\testsuite\micro\Micro Test cases impact by defects.rptdesign, and its report resource identifier is "testcase.defect.Microimpact". When you deploy these viewlets in your report resource wizard, please make sure they are set the correct report resource identifier, otherwise the dashboard could not find them as we expected.

Comments
David Hanslip commented Aug 14 '12, 12:01 a.m.

Thanks Yong Hao. I managed to get "Execution and Defects by Owner" deployed but I wanted a stacked bar chart of defects by owner and state and it doesn't do that.

Do your instructions include "Test Cases Impacted by Defects"? If so, it's not clear.

permanent link
Yong Hao Zhou (561) | answered Aug 14 '12, 1:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi David, for your 1st question, for current reports, I'm sorry we don't support displaying defects in bar chart. For both of these two reports, defects are displayed in a table, not a stacked bar chart. For most of time, tester wants to check all the defects against test plan and test case, and also the defect status in the report. 

for you 2nd question, the instruction is also applied for viewlet "Test Cases Impacted by Defects", you can deploy it as well, its report resource identifier is "testcase.defect.Microimpact". 

Hope this makes sense.

Comments
David Hanslip commented Aug 14 '12, 2:23 a.m.

Thanks. I wanted the stacked bar chart by owner and status for workload assessment purposes.

Yong Hao Zhou commented Aug 14 '12, 3:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

David, if it's needed most, please file an enhancement for us, we will discuss it to determine when and how to design the new report. https://jazzdev02.torolab.ibm.com:9443/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.