It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

what happened to the "Source Control' menu open in JazzHub

John Schilt (6111822) | asked Aug 10 '12, 12:43 a.m.
I'm not sure this has been covered before.

I can't see / find the Source Control menu option . . .     (ie, .. Work Items, Plans, Builds, Reports ?)

If I commit a change set and link to a Work Item, I can look via the browser ; open the Work Item, and see in the Links tab a reference to the change set.

However, I can't access the Repositories and Components via a menu option , ie, Source Control, that is present in a normal RTC installation.

Have we done something wrong ?  Is there a reason why this is missing ?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Brian Schimpf (27611514) | answered Aug 13 '12, 9:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, John,

Are you using the Eclipse client or the web browser?  You can only access SCM features using the client - the web browser interface doesn't include those capabilities.

Brian

Comments
Brian Schimpf commented Aug 20 '12, 4:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This deserves a bit more of an answer. In the standard RTC web browser interface there are some SCM features that are typically available. We've disabled those capabilities in JazzHub for technical reasons concerning our specific deployment. We are evaluating ways we could make those available in JazzHub at some future date. Having said that we also feel that if JazzHub is going to be used for fairly intensive coding efforts the participants really should be using the rich client to get the full benefit of an IDE-based development experience.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.