It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

requirements project template - reuse/import/export

Bernd van Oostrum (21725371) | asked Aug 08 '12, 6:23 a.m.
I am trying to manage the requirements template (see here) in order to be able to export a template for reuse.

These are the steps I should execute following the documentation:
  1. Open a project, click the Administration menu and select Manage Project Properties. The project administration page opens.
  2. Click the Templates tab.
  3. In the Templates list, click Project Templates.

There is no link to "project templates" as in point (3)

I only see 1 entry in the list: "Rational Requirements Server Template"

Clicking on "deploy predefined templates" doesn't change anything.

Does anybody know:

1. How can I add the other predefined templates to the list? (JKE template, Agile requirements template, Use Case requirements template, ...)
  2. where to find the link to project templates in the templates list

Regards,

Bernd.

5 answers

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Aug 08 '12, 7:17 a.m.
Hi Bernd,

I guess your JTS setup didn't finalized succefully. Go to https://servername:9443/jts/setup and check the whole setup, there must be a part which is not finished. I believe that those template are deployed to the server during jts setup.

"deploy predefined templates" is only gonna deploy the project process template(roles,permissions,etc...)

permanent link
Bernd van Oostrum (21725371) | answered Aug 08 '12, 7:20 a.m.
Oops... I was looking on the "Manage Project Area"-page, not in the "Manage Project Properties"-page.
I'll try exporting again...

Comments
Robin Bater commented Aug 08 '12, 9:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

When exporting a project template from the "Manage Project Properties" page, if you are having any further problems one of the thing to look at is the permissions:

You must have JazzAdmins repository permissions, an Analyst client access license, and the Administrator role in the project to edit, delete, download, upload, or create a new project template.

permanent link
Simona Ciardi (645) | answered Nov 05 '12, 5:04 p.m.
Hi! I've a similar problem of the Bernd van Oostrum's one. I've defined my requirement types with custom attributes. I would reuse it in other projects, so I've gone in "Manage Project properties" -->Templates, and I've created my template. I've also downloaded it, it becomes a file like "mytemplate.archive". Now if I want to create a new Project Area for Requirements I can see and use the template that I created, but if I want to create a new Lifecycle Project I can't see my template and assign it to the project area for Req. I have also tried an other way: I've gone in "Manage Templates" and there I've found just the "Rational Requirements Server Template", if I click at "Import template" I can't import my template that has an ".archive" extension, the function wants a file with ".zip" extension. Where can I define this template with .zip format? or have you any ideas to suggest me to create a lifecycle project with my template?
Thanks in advance!

Comments
Robin Bater commented Nov 05 '12, 5:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If the template is not appearing in the lifecycle project, then the easist way is to first create, RM web admin menu, the RM project and then in the lifecycle project page use the option to link to an existing project.

Which version of RRC are you using? I ask because in RRC V4.0.1 M4 we introduced the ability to import project configurations from other projects in the same repository

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-requirements-composer/milestones/4.0.1M4?p=news#webimport

To re-use this same project configuration across repositories then you can create a project template, export it and import it into another reposiotry, create a new project based upon this configuration and import the project properties into other projects contained in that repository.

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Nov 05 '12, 7:16 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You should also be able to customize your LPA project to include a custom RM template.  There is a video demonstration available here

permanent link
Simona Ciardi (645) | answered Nov 06 '12, 3:59 p.m.
Great! Robin, I'm using the 4.001 release.  Yes, I thought that at worst I could create separate project areas and then link them in an LPA, but I've seen the video suggested by Benjamin, and as soon as possible I'll try this solution that seems great! Thanks! :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.