It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why would my plugin not load from the dropins folder?

Guy Sereff (11111) | asked Aug 07 '12, 3:51 p.m.

I have a plug in I'm trying to load manually.  My understand is that I just need to place the plugin jar file in the dropins\ folder and restart Eclipse.

Specifically, I'm placing it here: C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\dropins

Environment Details: RTC Version: 3.0.1 / Build id: RTC-I20110602-0252

Thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
David Karam (213) | answered Aug 10 '12, 3:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In general standalone RTC client plugins would go in the client/eclipse/plugins folder. The plugins folder for my 3.0 client for example exists on this path:

/home/Downloads/JTS-Client/jazz 3.0.1.3/client/eclipse/plugins

Built-in RTC instances, plugins would go directly in the eclipse/plugins folder

/home/Applications/eclipse/plugins

If you are replacing an existing plugin then make sure the versions (signature at the end of the file name) match. Your OS should typically ask you if you want to replace the file. If not, then you will have two versions of the plug-in and Eclipse will only load the old one.

Comments
Guy Sereff commented Aug 10 '12, 9:09 a.m.

Thanks David.

This is a custom extension based on a sample from IBM to extend the RAM Batch Update capabilities. I dropped the jar in both the client/eclipse/plugins and Installation Manager/eclipse/plugins folders, both with no success.

I am also running the -clean command on RTC start up.

David Karam commented Aug 10 '12, 9:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are you running RTC from the command line? I have never added bundles from command line, but usually in Eclipse, I would go to "Add Bundle" in the launch configuration. Maybe you also have to point RTC to the new bundle instead of placing it in the plugins folder.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3601079/run-osgi-bundle-from-command-line

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Aug 10 '12, 5:02 a.m.
Hi Sereff,
                  What kind of RTC Client are you using? If it was installed through IM, i think it will not work. However, if its the complete RTC Client downloaded directly for use, then it should work after placing in plugins folder.

Thanks.

Comments
Guy Sereff commented Aug 10 '12, 9:11 a.m.

RTC client was installed through IM.

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Aug 10 '12, 9:23 a.m.
 Hi Sereff,
                 Please download and extract the zipped version of the client.Then place these custom jars in plugins folder and restart the client.

Thanks.

Comments
Guy Sereff commented Aug 10 '12, 9:43 a.m.

Thanks - I work in a controlled corporate installation environment, so will have to see if that is possible from a policy perspective...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.