It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Filtering links in the Quick Information section: What is the linkTypeFilter property?

Ryan Booth (11111) | asked Aug 07 '12, 1:55 p.m.
I am using the web client of RTC, making changes to an Editor Presentation.

I want to use the Quick Information Slot with the Non-Attribute-based Presentation "Links" but only allow Parent/Child links.

I think that the Links property "linkTypeFilter" should do this, but I can't find any documentation, forum posts or even Google search results about it. I have tried inputting Work Item types and Link types, but everything I have input so far filters out all of the existing links and only allows you to select "None" as a link type.

Can someone explain what this property does and what the syntax is for its input? If not, is there another way of filtering links?

2 answers

permanent link
David Karam (213) | answered Aug 10 '12, 3:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are three ways to achieve this depending on what you want. All the following can be preformed via the Eclipse UI.

1) Go to Editor Presentations and add a non-attribute based presentation "Links". You can then select multiple values of links which you might be interested in.

2) Go to Editor Presentations and add a non-attribute based presentation "References". You can then select a single type of links which you might be interested in. In your case, it would be a Parent/Child link.

3) Go to Editor Presentations and add a non-attribute based presentation "Quick Information". You can then select a configuration for the QI attribute. You can create such a configuration in "Quick Information Presentation" menu visible directly under the "Editor Presentations" menu (not available in the Web UI).

Comments
Ryan Booth commented Aug 13 '12, 1:16 p.m.

Thanks David. I'm still interested in how I would do this via the Web UI, however, because I don't have access to the Eclipse client for this project.

permanent link
Bruce Macisaac (111) | answered Oct 14 '19, 2:51 p.m.
edited Oct 14 '19, 2:55 p.m.

Using the webUI, add a linkTypeFilter property.

Then for the value, use a list of link IDs separated by commas, all surrounded by square brackets.

Here is a valid value for a linktypefilter property added via the Web UI that allows only parent and predecessor links.

[com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.parentworkitem, com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.schedulePredecessor]

<style> &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;Cambria Math&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} @font-face {font-family:&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;Segoe UI&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;; panose-1:2 11 5 2 4 2 4 2 2 3;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:8.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;Calibri&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;,sans-serif;} .MsoChpDefault {font-family:&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;Calibri&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;,sans-serif;} .MsoPapDefault {margin-bottom:8.0pt; line-height:107%;} /* Page Definitions */ @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt; </style>

<style> &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;Cambria Math&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} @font-face {font-family:&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;Segoe UI&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;; panose-1:2 11 5 2 4 2 4 2 2 3;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:8.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;Calibri&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;,sans-serif;} .MsoChpDefault {font-family:&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;Calibri&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;,sans-serif;} .MsoPapDefault {margin-bottom:8.0pt; line-height:107%;} /* Page Definitions */ @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt; </style>

Comments
Glyn Costello commented Oct 22 '21, 9:55 a.m.

Is there a list of linktype values documented anywhere? i.e. what is a "Child" link type id?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.