It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Kanban/Taskboard modification

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | asked Aug 06 '12, 12:41 p.m.
 Hello,

What permissions are needed to modify this view? I'm a Jazz Admin and Role->Project Manager for a formal process template. I created a Kanban/Taskboard view. This view shows a Task assigned to me. I select my displayed work item and try to move to In Progress or Resolved column...and it jumps back to the New column.

What do I need to fix/add?

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Aug 06 '12, 9:26 p.m. | edited Aug 06 '12, 9:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do you get an "okay to drop" indication during the drag operation? I just tried this (open a Formal project, add a new view to a Phase Plan that uses the Kanban display option, add some tasks, then drag to other columns) and it worked fine (RTC 4.0). I do see, as I drag, that the drag cursor changes slightly to indicate when it is okay to drop (and when it is not). If I drop over a column while the "not okay" cursor is displayed, the task jumps back to its original location, otherwise it drops fine.

If you try to change the status of the task in a different plan view, does it work there? I didn't try this, but perhaps there is a required field or some check that is being done that is not allowing the transition? For example, I cannot drag from Resolved to In Progress because that is not a valid transition for a Task (has to go back to Open).

Cecilia Lindgren commented Aug 28 '12, 3:33 a.m.

I have the same problem. If displaying the Taskboard view as Kanban it works, but when changing the display view toTaskboard it does not. For simple team process template all Tasks is displayed in the Story column independent of the status of the task, and drag-and-drop not possible. For scrum process template, workitems of Story type are always displayed in the Story column and are not possible to drag-and-drop. Tasks and defects are displayed in correct status column and possible to move.

Is there any configuration needed to get this working?

Sterling Ferguson-II commented Oct 26 '12, 2:21 p.m.

Hello,

Just an update..can't make changes with either. I was called back on to the project. I am a JazzAdmin role with Project Manager rights for the project. It gives a "indication" that I can't go from Open to In Progress.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Pool (2644) | answered Oct 22 '13, 6:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I do not know why it is behaving this way but what I have found is if I drag the sticky from Open all the way over to Verified, and then back over In Progress I can drop the sticky on In Progress.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.