It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Command for Test Suite,Test case and Test Script owner while importing test cases from Excel to Jazz

Smitha Namboodiri (5169) | asked Aug 03 '12, 11:31 a.m.
Hi,
I am trying to import a test case from excel to Jazz. I would like to configure the test suite, test case and test script owner in my configuration file.
I tried using the below options, but none work. Always the Owner value appears as "ADMIN"
testcase.dc:owner=H2
testcase.dc:owner="ABCD"
testcase.alm:owner=H2
testcase.jzalm:owner=H2

Can someone suggest a way?

Comments
Smitha Namboodiri commented Aug 03 '12, 11:37 a.m.

Just to add, we are using RQM 3.0

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Aug 06 '12, 8:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The owners from the dropdowns may not work as they are often different from the user id that is used to log in.  For example in the JKE Banking sample there is a user named "Tammy" whose id is "tammy".  Only the Id will work so in the excel spreadsheet of the config file you would need to use "tammy" with the lower cased "t".
Smitha Namboodiri selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Smitha Namboodiri commented Aug 06 '12, 9:17 a.m.

Thanks Robert... I tried this too, but no success. Below is the extract from my configuration file, can someone have a look at it and let me know if this looks right?

testcase.dc:title=testscript.dc:title testcase.jzalm:owner="namboodiris" testcase.dc:description=testscript.dc:description testcase.category term="Function".value="Simple Srch - Address" testcase.category term="Release".value="Wave 1" testcase.category term="Test Phase".value="System Test "

Smitha Namboodiri commented Aug 06 '12, 9:32 a.m.

Hi all, I finally seem to have got the issue resolved, I just needed to put the user ID in the correct case.

Robert, thanks for your help..

Vivek Agarwal commented Aug 23 '12, 1:00 p.m.

Hi Robert/ Smitha, I have a similar query related to test script. My scenario is that I have two test script & corresponding to that two test cases in the excel sheet. Both test scripts & test cases have been created by different testers. So I had put their name (as displaying in owner dropdown of RQM) in one of column of excel; say name of tester are "Abc Efg" & "Xyz Uvw". Now when I am trying to import these test scripts & test cases using login details of "Abc Efg"; both test scripts/ test cases are populating with the same name "Abc Efg" in spite of that second test script has different name "Xyz Uvw".

I have used below code: testscript.jzalm:owner=G testcase.jzalm:owner=G

Please suggest me some solution.

Robert Rassmann commented Aug 23 '12, 1:39 p.m.

Similar to the above, you can't use the names as they are seen in the dropdowns. You have to use the user ids. These are the IDs that the users use to log in. The user names are not guaranteed to be unique in the system, so we need to user the IDs.

Vivek Agarwal commented Aug 24 '12, 4:55 a.m.

Thanks Robert. Now I am getting correct user in owner dropdown.

One other answer

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Aug 03 '12, 3:28 p.m.
Are the names of the owners Jazz users in the repository?  I believe that the names need to match a login id, so something like ABCD won't work unless you have a user who logs in as ABCD.

Comments
Smitha Namboodiri commented Aug 03 '12, 3:33 p.m.

Hi Robert, Thanks for the response.

ABCD was just an example I gave. The owners are in the repository and I am putting in the exact value as in the "Owner" dropdown.

Smitha Namboodiri commented Aug 03 '12, 3:40 p.m.

And besides, i tried with hard-coded values like "Namboodiri" and also column references like H2.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.