It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project Events widget

VK L (8177155159) | asked Aug 03 '12, 12:02 a.m.
Hi All,
           Which is the log-file read by the Project-specific events widget  (or) feed reader? This widget shows only recent events. i would like to have a look at the total list instead.

Thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Aug 09 '12, 12:27 a.m.
Thanks Curtis..But i think this feed generation is restricted to the defined input parameters and might not capture all the repository events as such?
My requirement is more like an activity log - especially SCM Related - to give detailed info on the day-to-day events. So, our idea was to make copies of any activity files generated before they get overwritten. But it looks like there are no activity logs getting generated.
Is there a setting (or) an extension plugin possible to generate this activity logging?

Thanks.

Comments
Curtis d'Entremont commented Aug 09 '12, 11:23 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You're right, there's no actual log file stored on disk, it's all dynamically fetched from the DB when the service is hit. I can think of a few options here..

1) Implement a service that runs at regular intervals and fetches the feed from the feed service using HTTP, filters out any unwanted events, then appends new entries to some log file that you consume. This can be done using a cron job or anything. 2) Implement a feed item query. There is an extension point com.ibm.team.repository.service.feedItemQuery that allows you to extend the feed service to accept arbitrary params and do your own logic for finding change events. Have a look at the extension point schema in com.ibm.team.repository.service/schema/feedItemQuery.exsd

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Aug 08 '12, 11:11 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The data comes from the database via the com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IFeedService, which performs queries based on the input params and serializes the results in the form of a feed. The events are generated by creating com.ibm.team.repository.common.IChangeEvent objects using its factory, then issuing them to the com.ibm.team.repository.common.service.IChangeEventService service.

The service takes a maximum number of entries to return as a URL parameter (maxResults). The project and team events widget fetches the feed and displays the results, but doesn't persist them so you get a limited number of events. The feed viewer in the rich client, however, has the advantage of being able to write to the local disk, so it only needs to fetch the ones it doesn't have yet, and save them to disk where you can see the full feed since you subscribed to it. You can see the URLs to the feeds in the Team Artifacts view, under the Feeds category, right click on one of the feeds and select Properties. The URL may contain ${variables} that you need to substitute manually.

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Aug 07 '12, 6:59 a.m.
Hi All,
           Any info on where this widget picks up data from? so that i can analyze it further to suit our requirements.

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.