It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0.1 Build engine connection problems with Buildforge 7.1.3

VK L (8177154159) | asked Aug 02 '12, 11:49 p.m.
edited Aug 06 '12, 8:31 a.m. by Spencer Murata (2.3k115971)
Hi All,
           When i test the Build engine connection with Build forge, i get the following errors (for both secure and non-secure):

Result: com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceException - CRJAZ0099I When accessing the URL "https://rtc.maybank.com.my:9443/ccm/service/com.ibm.rational.connector.buildforge.internal.common.IBuildForgeServicesLayerService" the following HTTP error occurred: "java.net.SocketTimeoutException"

The sysout log file error on the build forge server gives "java.net.SocketTimeoutException" error

We get this error more often and the connection is not stable. What could be the reason for this? Is it a problem on RTC (or) RBF?

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Aug 06 '12, 8:31 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I think this may be a case of Requests to Build Forge server occasionally hang (194898).  There is a problem at the Java level with the implementation of sockets that can cause high latency environments to hang on timeout.  This causes sockets to collect and consume resources giving a similar error and behavior to what you are describing.

Check the socket usage on the RTC server and see if there are a lot of sockets hanging around on 3966 or whatever the services port is for Build Forge.  If you do see a large amount of sockets allocated to 3966 (more than two per Build Forge instance) then contact support because you will need a hotfix to get around the problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.