It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I share Team area between projects?

Steve Jordan (11223) | asked Aug 02 '12, 1:30 p.m.
edited Aug 02 '12, 4:46 p.m. by David Olsen (5237)
Currently in my RTC project configuration for several projects, I have three team areas created for each project:  a Development team, an SQA team, and a Release Management team.  The SQA team and the Release Management team really need to be just one team that is shared among all of the RTC projects.  Can this be done?  Which project should this team be created under?  All of the Build definitions and Enterprise extensions definitions (package, deploy, and promotion) are all set up uniquely created in each project but are owned at the team area level.  Would there be a ownership problem if they were owned by a shared team.  Please advise on the best practice to set up my team structure in the environment described above.    

One answer

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Aug 02 '12, 4:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is not possible to share a team area between project areas.  A team area lives in just one project area.  I'm afraid you will have to duplicate those teams in each project area.

-- David Olsen, IBM Rational, Jazz Process Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.