It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error CRJAZ1559W on user registry configuration

Sandy Bataco (281415) | asked Aug 02 '12, 10:15 a.m.
retagged Jun 19 '13, 3:35 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
Hi,
I'm creating RTC4.0 with WAS8.0.0.3, DB2 9.7 and Microsoft Active Directory(Windows 2008R2) environment.
I'm referring to following article
https://jazz.net/library/article/549

During setup wizard, I got a following error on user registry configuration step and was not able to proceed to the next step.
In an attempt to connect to the LDAP registry, a problem was found with the LDAP configuration. One or more users in the LDAP registry, including the user "Domain Controllers", do not contain the e-mail address type of property named "cn". For more details, open the help system and search for this message ID.ID CRJAZ2305W

Actually, some users in Active Directory do not contain the e-mail address.
However, we cannot a put e-mail address to those users' property due to companies security policy.
Also, we don't use those users which don't contain e-mail address as RTC users, so those users don't belong to Jazz related group such as JazzAdmins etc.

Is there any solution or work around for this problem?
Is it a known bug?

2 answers

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Nov 13 '13, 8:55 a.m.
I had the same issue as explained by Sandy in the initial problem description, when running jts setup. 

The warning seen is:

In an attempt to connect to the LDAP registry, a problem was found with the LDAP configuration. One or more users in the LDAP registry, including the user "Domain Controllers", do not contain the e-mail address type of property named "cn". For more details, open the help system and search for this message ID.ID CRJAZ2305W 

To get away with this error, in the LDAP ensure the email field is filled for users, Domain Controllers and groups. Then the warning is gone. 

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Aug 02 '12, 3:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 This is just a warning message. We check for email addresses of the top 5 users under your base user dn node. we show a warning message if we can't find email addresses for any of those users. 

You can ignore it and click on next to continue running through the setup wizard. 

Comments
Hung Nguyen commented Jun 19 '13, 3:08 p.m. | edited Jun 19 '13, 3:11 p.m.

I got the same warning. And I thought that it would be fine to go through.
But now, the problem is that only 3 of the users got correct JazzUsers role assigned.
Other users could be imported into JTS, but they don't have JazzUsers role set. Not sure if it's because of this warning that caused the Sync stopped short after finishing 3 users. I guess not, because 2 out of 3 users got correct JazzUsers are the service accounts with no email at all. But then I can not explain why the other users could not get the correct roles set

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.