It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

checkin not working

Kathryn Fryer (50347) | asked Sep 09 '08, 2:22 p.m.
I have a PPT file loaded as part of my local workspace. I edited it from the file system. Went back to Navigator view in RTC 1.0 GA. Opened it from there, saw my changes. Exited and answered "Yes" to the "Save your changes?" prompt.

After Save completes, there is no Pending Change entry created. When I right-click the file in Navigator view and select "Team > CheckIn", nothing happens -- no error message, no Pending Changes, nothing.

Tried manually creating change set, creating a new work item and associating the file with the work item (Link tab) and associating the work item with the change set. Only the work item got "delivered", not the file. File history shows only the original file submitted months ago. Show > Pending Changes results in message "there are no pending changes to this artifact".

Exiting and restarting RTC did not help either.

Any suggestions?
Kathryn

2 answers

permanent link
John Camelon (1.7k14) | answered Sep 09 '08, 3:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Does refreshing the project from the Navigator help Pending Changes
discover the modification?

JohnC
SCM Server

fryerk wrote:
I have a PPT file loaded as part of my local workspace. I edited it
from the file system. Went back to Navigator view in RTC 1.0 GA.
Opened it from there, saw my changes. Exited and answered
"Yes" to the "Save your changes?" prompt.

After Save completes, there is no Pending Change entry created. When I
right-click the file in Navigator view and select "Team
CheckIn", nothing happens -- no error message, no Pending
Changes, nothing.

Tried manually creating change set, creating a new work item and
associating the file with the work item (Link tab) and associating
the work item with the change set. Only the work item got
"delivered", not the file. File history shows only the
original file submitted months ago. Show > Pending Changes results
in message "there are no pending changes to this artifact".

Exiting and restarting RTC did not help either.

Any suggestions?
Kathryn

permanent link
Christophe Cornu (47123) | answered Sep 10 '08, 9:52 a.m.
Hi Kathryn:

If this is still a problem after refreshing the project as suggested by John, please open a work item against Source Control. Add screenshots showing the file in the navigator view and the Pending Changes view. This will tell us about the current state of your client.

. Team > Check-in should work.
. Alternatively, your ppt file should show up in the Pending . Changes view under the Unresolved folder (local change). From that node you can manually check-it in. Or use drag and drop if you are a drag and drop fan. See https://jazz.net/learn/content/docs/source-control/advanced/#id6 for an example.
. Work Item editor > Links > Add File... will not check-in your file. It will only attach its content to the work item, not to any change set.

Thanks,
Chrix

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.