It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change owner and Explicit permission icons invisible

iRAM Administrator (3152156135) | asked Jul 30 '12, 9:47 a.m.
Hi Team,
Asset owners cannot able to change owners and Give permission to external users. i.e., Changer owner, Explicit permission icons disappeared in Asset details page.
But Administrators can able to visible.

We investigated from Lifecycle perspective, Its not TURN OFF both the icons. This problem applicable in both AHE Production and CDT as well.

Regards
Rameshbabu D.V
(d.v.rameshbabu@in.ibm.com)

One answer

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Jul 30 '12, 1:23 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Changing owners and permissions is now only available to lifecycle managers and administrators. If the lifecycle is configured such that owners are not lifecycle managers then they don't have the authority to change these things.

Comments
Rich Kulp commented Jul 30 '12, 6:50 p.m.

It is the checkbox on the lifecycle that says "Asset owners are lifecycle managers" on the General settings section of the lifecycle.

Rich Kulp commented Jul 31 '12, 9:44 a.m.

My response was for 7.5.1.1.

Rich Kulp commented Aug 13 '12, 9:53 a.m.

Legacy lifecycles don't have this option. So I don't know what you mean by the checkbox can't be checked, it shouldn't even be there for legacy. (I don't know what the "iRAM Community" is so I can't check the screen shot).

However, the new definition of who can change permissions for an asset also now applies to legacy assets. Only admins and review board members (lifecycle managers) may change asset permissions and ownerships. And owners in legacy assets are never automatically review board members. There is no option for this in legacy like there now is in lifecycles.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.