It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WAS bundled with CLM 4.0

V Niranjan (12545173) | asked Jul 29 '12, 9:51 p.m.
Hello

Since WAS 8.0 is now bundled with CLM 4.0 , I would like to know how many licenses of the same can be used.

For e.g. if a organization has bought 100 CLM licenses how many of WAS instances can be setup?

Regards
V.Niranjan

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 30 '12, 3:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

as stated in https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0

"4 Each valid client license includes a license to run one instance of DB2 Workgroup or Enterprise Edition (excludes z/OS) and one instance of WebSphere Application Server in support of Rational Team Concert. Trials of DB2 and WebSphere are also available. Express editions of WebSphere Application Server V6.1 and V7.0 are also available for IBM i at no additional charge by ordering the Web Enablement for IBM i. See system requirements for details."

As far as I know this also includes IHS as proxy. As far as I know you can only run the applications that include the WAS licenses on these servers and databases.

As a last note, this was also true for all prior versions of the CLM tools that included the license. Please check the respective download overview pages of the versions for details of which products where entitled. Earlier versions of the download pages were not as specific as the new one, but for all I know the same as stated above was the terms and conditions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.