It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI: RTC "Quality of planning" report

Sudhakar Frederick (80113631) | asked Jul 29 '12, 9:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
We need a report that shows the ratio of (a) planned work items to (b) completed work items per iteration; excluding any work items added during the iteration from (a).

I think we will need to use data from the Request history table. 
Any pointers on how to do this please?

One answer

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Jul 30 '12, 1:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 If you're only interested in the numbers, as opposed to the actual list of work items, then you should be able to use Request Baseline (I think the view is VW_RQST_BASELINE). It's similar to WORKITEM_STATES if you're familiar with the BIRT model. It gives you discrete measurements at each ETL run of work item counts. So it can answer the question of, for example, last Wednesday at midnight (or whenever the ETL ran), how many work items were planned for M5 (or in the open state, or owned by James, or whatever). For completed work items per iteration, the Request table might be able to give you what you want there, if it's as simple as querying for work items planned for an iteration and in the closed state (i.e. if you don't care about proving that it actually got closed during that iteration).

Comments
Sudhakar Frederick commented Jul 31 '12, 10:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks James. Re: " i.e. if you don't care about proving that it actually got closed during that iteration" , we do want to be sure that the count is what actually got closed during the iteration. Is there a way to find out when an iteration was actually closed? We also thought of creating a Plan Snapshot when the iteration is done, but I don't think any of the Plan Snapshot information makes into the DW?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.