It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM V4: How to create a state group for test artifacts?

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Jul 27 '12, 10:24 p.m.
retagged Jul 31 '12, 10:12 a.m. by Nhi P Ta (18841018)

Hello,

I see predefined state groups for test artifacts in RAM V4. However, I did not find how/where we can create a new state group. Anyone has any tip?

Regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Nhi P Ta (18841018) | answered Jul 31 '12, 10:05 a.m.
Hi Frank,

Not seem if this is an official approach. You can add a new state group to a project area in a similar way to this thread using RTC v4 Eclipse client .

1. Add a new connection to your QM application https://host:port/qm
2. Add the project area into the RTC workspace via Click Connection > Manage Connected Project Areas
3. Open the project area and go to Process Configuration tab
4. Expand Configuration tree to Process Configuration > Configuration Data >  Test Artifact > Workflows
5. In the workflow xml editor, add a new <stateGroupDefinition> element to the existing state groups. e.g <stateGroupDefinition category="notclosed" id="notclosed" name="Not Closed"/>
6. Click the Commit button below the workflow xml editor.
7. Click Save for the process editor (on top right).
8. Now if you go back to the web client (refresh if required), you can now add new state and associate that state with this newly defined state group.

Cheers
Nhi

Frank Ning selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Frank Ning commented Jul 31 '12, 1:25 p.m.

Hi Nhi,

Thanks for the tip. It seems "working" to me:-)

One other answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jul 29 '12, 6:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Frank
I think you meant RQM 4.0
The state group is not customizable but you can configure what state belongs to which Predefined group.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.