It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Invalid user ID or password

Brijraj Beriwal (1311417) | asked Jul 27 '12, 7:50 a.m.
"Invalid user ID or password" error shown when I try logging in JTS. I give ADMIN, ADMIN as user id and password.Could someone please help?

5 answers

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jul 27 '12, 8:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you first time do JTS setup, on one of the page you create new user. On the same page there is a checkbox to disable ADMIN user and by default it is selected. So if you have completed this step then can not use ADMIN any more but the new user you created on that page. You actually can not change password for ADMIN user, so try login using the new user created. Contact support if you have forgotten the password of new user

permanent link
Brijraj Beriwal (1311417) | answered Jul 27 '12, 7:59 a.m.

but i dont know how to disable it.....if it is disabled what id, password should i use to login ...?....should i create a new id password..?

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jul 27 '12, 7:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brijaraj,
Is this the first time you are doing setup for JTS? Once you have done setup, you might have disabled the ADMIN user and after that you can no longer login using ADMIN user.

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jul 27 '12, 8:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
After successful installation, the first thing you would like to do it configure the server as mentioned here
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_post_install.html

Specially look this section if you are using LDAP
  1. The Jazz Team Server login page appears.
    • Type ADMIN (case-sensitive) in both the User ID and Password fields. Click Log In.
    • Do not use ADMIN (case-sensitive) as user ID and password if you enabled applications to use Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) on WebSphere Application Server. Instead, login as an LDAP registered user who has JazzAdmin privileges. Note that the LDAP user or group must be mapped to the repository group. For mapping security roles to a user or repository group, see Step 9 in this topic.
    • For WebSphere Application Server on z/OS® with RACF® security or WebSphere Application Server on IBM i with local OS authentication, use a user ID that has been granted JazzAdmin privileges on the system. Default user ID and password on IBM i are JTSADMIN and JTSADMPWD.

permanent link
Brijraj Beriwal (1311417) | answered Jul 27 '12, 8:24 a.m.

i followed these steps

I downloaded the packages and installed them on my pc by using ibm installer.

Then I ran the "Start Jazz Team Server"

Then I went to the followihng URL which showed a Jazz team server login page.

I kept user id /pass as ADMIN/ADMIN.

It gave "Invalid user ID or password".

i never came through what u r mentionin above.

please do reply..

Comments
Marc Yves Desravines commented Oct 08 '12, 12:04 p.m.

Hi Brijraj,

I had the same problem. If your installation was under Windows, try running the  server  as Administrator (Right click "Start Jazz Team Server" and select Run as Administrator) in order to run fine the server and after you can login properly with ADMIN/ADMIN and  continue with the configuration. That was the solution for me.
gd luck!

Alastair Beadle commented Jan 30 '13, 10:05 a.m.

I was having the same prolem logging in as ADMIN / ADMIN - and yes, stopping the Jazz server and then restarting as Administrator fixed the problem.

Thanks,

Ali

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.