It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report database RICM schema

Bin Chen (41911) | asked Jul 26 '12, 2:39 p.m.
retagged Sep 28 '12, 9:31 a.m. by Kelly Raposo (463)
 Hi, the whole RRDI 2.0 installation process did not seem to mention anything about RICM user or schema.
What schema it creates? 

My RICM database does not seem to have any thing added by the installation process.

6 answers

permanent link
Tarek Mourad (623) | answered Oct 01 '12, 4:35 p.m.
edited Oct 01 '12, 4:40 p.m.
We have a server for the CLM 3.0.1.4 (Windows Server 2008), an AIX system running Oracle 10+. I have set up my RRDI on a separate Windows Server 2008. We have been operating CLM for about 18 months now. Our contents are substantial and now we need some way to report on what we have.

I downloaded RRDI 1.0.2.1 and WAS 8.5 to install on this new server. Since the database was on a separate server, I chose the option to install manually.  I went through all the install procedures through the IBM Installation Manager and then following the instructions. At some point, I got this Profile set up.

Application server environment to create: Application server
Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\RationalReport
Disk space required: 200 MB
Profile name: RationalReport
Make this profile the default: True
Node name: RationalReportNode01
Host name: RRDI.sc.abb.local
Enable administrative security (recommended): True
Administrative console port: 9060
Administrative console secure port: 9043
HTTP transport port: 9080
HTTPS transport port: 9443
Bootstrap port: 2809
SOAP connector port: 8880
Run application server as a service: True
Create a Web server definition: False
Performance tuning setting: Standard

My jazz url are
https://jazz1.xxx.local:9849/jts/setup
https://jazz1.xxx.local:9489/qm/web
https://jazz1.xxx.local:9489/rm/web

My intended rrdi url is
https://rrdi.xxx.local:9443/ ???? I don't know the rest.

When I was configuring the IBM Cognos Configuration, it asked me for dispatch URIs. I was not sure what to put in those but I used http://rrdi.xxx.local:9080/reporting/.... depending on the request.

I built the EAR file and deployed it.

At some point I added the tablespace and user for RRDI on the database server within the current database that I use for CLM (based on the contents of the database build script, but it was done by hand). The data warehouse was already set up and in us before RRDI. No where in there did I see the creation of the tables, just the table space.

I did test the connection using the IBM Cognos Configuration and was successful.

I have also modified the required file with the OAuth keys and in the Server portion of JTS. Is that needed for every application (qm, rrc and ccm)? Also does that use the rrdi url or the com.ibm.rational.reporting only (some of the instructions refer to the com.ibm.rational.reporting)? I also associated the user with the rrdi url and OAuth keys.

When I ran up rrdi at http://http://rrdi.xxx.local:9080/reporting/servlet I see and XML file without style information.
This is the content

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope><SOAP-ENV:Header><bus:biBusHeader xsi:type="bus:biBusHeader"><tracking xsi:type="bus:tracking"><providers xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array" SOAP-ENC:arrayType="bus:provider[1]"><provider xsi:type="bus:provider"><name xsi:type="xsd:string">cm</name><patch xsi:type="xsd:int">1</patch><build xsi:type="xsd:string">8.4.6023.0</build></provider></providers></tracking></bus:biBusHeader></SOAP-ENV:Header><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>Client</faultcode><faultstring>CM-REQ-4342 An error occurred with the client.</faultstring><detail><bus:exception><severity>error</severity><errorCode>cmNotRunning</errorCode><bus:message><messageString>CM-REQ-5004 Content Manager is not running.</messageString></bus:message></bus:exception></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Any guidance would be a vast help. I do not see where the database gets initialized.

permanent link
Michael Fox (61643) | answered Oct 01 '12, 9:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The tables and other structures are created in the content store data base when the Cognos report server starts.  It i part of the Cognos initialization process.   This would be done as part of the RRRDI install for 1.0.2.x and the Setup process for RRDI 2.0.x.

The name "RICM" is the default, but not required.  You specify the name during the install process for 1.0.2.x or on the Content Store Setup page for 2.0.x.

When you get the "Content Manager not runnng" error, did you get any other errors that might have led  this condition?  You should also run the Cognos Configuration utility and verify that the content store database is configured correctly (name, location, credentials, etc) and test connectivity.

Mike

permanent link
Tarek Mourad (623) | answered Sep 30 '12, 6:49 p.m.
I have the same issue. My database is created but not populated. I have been digging around all the folders looking for how the database is populated but had not had any luck. This conversation is the first indication that no internal tables are created by the install scripts. 

How do I get the tables created by Cognos? And is the name RICM a required name or can it be part of my Jazz database with the appropriate credentials and tablespaces?

Right now I am struggling to bring the content manager up and visible. I get "CM-REQ-5004 Content Manager is not running."

Comments
Tarek Mourad commented Sep 30 '12, 7:09 p.m.

I am running JTS / CLM 3.0.1.4 and RRDI 1.0.2.1 and Websphere App Server 8.5

The instructions by Benjamin above seem to apply to CLM 4.0+

permanent link
Bin Chen (41911) | answered Aug 08 '12, 2:20 p.m.
 Mike, yes, it does create a bunch of tables and this happens when you run setup wizard.

permanent link
Michael Fox (61643) | answered Aug 02 '12, 8:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Actually, the RRDI Setup does not create any tables in the RICM database.  It just configures the database for use by Cognos.  With DB2, this includes creating the necessary buffer pools and table spaces as described in the Cognos documentation.   Once the Cognos Report Server starts, it creates all the tables and other  schema elements it needs. That database is used strictly by Cognos for its internal storage.  It schema is  internal Cognos knowledge, and subject to change by Cognos.  Therefore, RRDI has no knowledge of it.

Mike Fox

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Aug 01 '12, 10:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Did you run the RRDI setup server to complete the configuration of the application after the install?  The setup wizard has steps that will create or populate the databases with the necessary tables and schemas.  The setup wizard is outlined in this topic.  If you haven't run it already, make sure you run the server.config before entering the setup wizard.  Hope it helps,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.