It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to install the Data Collector, Build, RQM-connector, CC-Synchronizer or CQ Synchronizer license without installing Trial licences

Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | asked Jul 26 '12, 1:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How to install the Data Collector, Build, CC-Synchronizer or CQ Synchronizer license without installing Trial licenses when installing CLM 3.x

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Jul 26 '12, 1:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The licenses are packaged in the CLM install and can be extracted and installed using the JTS gui.
The location is:
<server_install_dir>\server\conf\jts\sites\clm-activation\plugins\com.ibm.team.licensing.product.clm_0.9.9.jar\active\

Spencer Murata selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
KrishnaKanth Naik commented Aug 09 '12, 9:23 a.m. | edited Aug 09 '12, 9:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sandy

I checked the following location in my setup for 301,3011,3012 and 3013: <server_install_dir>\server\conf\jts\sites and it has the following folders:

1) license-update-site (this has com.ibm.team.jazz.foundation.server.licenses.enterprise-ea_0.9.9 inside the plugins directory) 2) rcl-integration-site 3) update-site

Does the clm-activation folder come up only after installing CLM licenses?

Dacian Hantig commented Aug 13 '13, 5:39 a.m. | edited Aug 13 '13, 5:40 a.m.
I had the same problem.

This directory ("clm-activation") was not inside the indicated path. To get it, I did a workaround: I have installed another instance in another directory (just JTS, CCM, tomcat and the trial required licenses) and then I found the directory there. I extracted the jar file and then I have imported one-by-one the jar files inside the "active" directory from the extracted jar file. The licenses were correctly imported and are ok now.

One other answer

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Aug 10 '12, 10:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I tried to install the package above on a 3011 test (Windows machine). Below are my findings:
1. The package above includes both base licenses (Data collector, Build, CQ sync, etc) and TRAIL licenses.
2. The /clm-activation folder exists only after installing the trail/base package using IM.
3. The jar file cannot be installed directly on the JTS admin > License Key Management page.
4. I tried to deploy the /clm-activation package the same way as when deploying a custom plugin on the server (copy the /clm-activation folder to ../conf/jts/sites/, add an .ini file in the provision_profiles folder, request server reset, and restart the server). It seems to work, but I am not sure if this is a proper way to do it.

Comments
Sandy Grewal commented Aug 17 '12, 12:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes the /clm-activation folder only exists if the Trial license is installed. You have to have 1 install with the Trial licenses. This is geared towards a requirement not to install Trial licenses on a production server. To satisfy it you can install the Trial license on a non-production server and get the licenses to apply to the Production server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.