It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What can cause to data collection "Star" job to fail?

Ziv Rechnitser (911618) | asked Jul 26 '12, 7:03 a.m.
edited Jul 31 '12, 2:13 a.m.

Hi All,

We use Oracle g10 as our DB and recently we decided to configure the data warehouse.
All the data collection jobs run .o.k., only the "Star" job fails.
I saw in the log "jts-etl" an error message:
Java ETL (STAR): Dimension build
"com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.starjobs.internal.dimensionbuild.ResourceDimension" failed

Any ideas what can cause the "Star" job to fail ?

THX,
Ziv

7 answers

permanent link
Ismael Serrano Hidalgo (342712) | answered Feb 27 '14, 6:04 a.m.
Yes, I'm afraid that I will have to ask for the drop and create the DW again...That's not easy, I'm not in a VMWare in testing, but in production in a critical client, with very strict and cumbersome processes...

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 27 '14, 5:55 a.m.
Hello Ismael,

RIDW.D_DATE is indeed expected to be populated at the time the data warehouse is first created, so I suspect there was a problem at that stage.

If it's a new Data Warehouse and (meaning you have no concerns on losing trending data) I would try dropping and recreating it (paying particular attention to the logs for this operation).

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Ismael Serrano Hidalgo (342712) | answered Feb 27 '14, 5:33 a.m.
Hello Francesco,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, I meant the tables from RIDW...
For example, RIDW.D_DATE is empty, RIDW.D_PROJECT is empty, and they should be filled through the createWarehouse command...

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 27 '14, 5:26 a.m.
edited Feb 27 '14, 5:26 a.m.
Hello Ismael,

RIDW.PROJECT_FK1 is not expected to be a table, but a constraint.

i.e. in DB2: select * from SYSCAT.TABCONST where CONSTNAME = 'PROJECT_FK1' and tabschema ='RIDW'

CONSTNAME TABSCHEMA TABNAME OWNER OWNERTYPE TYPE ENFORCED CHECKEXISTINGDATA ENABLEQUERYOPT DEFINER REMARKS
PROJECT_FK1 RIDW D_PROJECT DB2ADMIN U F Y I Y DB2ADMIN

so the table affected by the constraint is RIDW.D_PROJECT

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Ismael Serrano Hidalgo (342712) | answered Feb 27 '14, 5:05 a.m.
Francesco, thanks very much for your answer.

Exactly, these tables does not exist. My concern is WHY this tables does not exist!!?? The repotools -createWarehouse worked fine with no errors. Thus, I'm afraid to recreate the DW again and stumble on the same problem...

So yes, I will open a PMR to fix this issue...

Regards,
ISMAEL

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 27 '14, 4:44 a.m.
Hello Ismael,

an error like " integrity constraint (RIDW.PROJECT_FK1) violated - parent key not found " sounds like there is a key that references another table, but in this table that value doesn't exist.
This usually hints to data corruption in the data warehouse.

I would suggest opening a PMR to get this investigated in depth as it might be necessary to share some queries and data from your data warehouse.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Ismael Serrano Hidalgo (342712) | answered Feb 27 '14, 3:39 a.m.
 Hi,

Did you finally fix this issue about STAR ETL Job? Last year I reported same error in the Work Item Defect 267123, with no answer.
Basically, the jts-etl.log shows the following error:

2014-02-27 09:25:50,909 [             WebContainer : 12]  INFO ervice.starjobs.internal.StarRemoteSnapshotService  - Java ETL : Started executing query: "com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.starjobs.internal.dimensionbuild.ProgramProjectDimension=>SELECT PJ.PROGRAM_ID AS PROGRAM_ID, PJ.PROJECT_ID, PJ.NAME, PC.NAME AS TYPE_NAME, PJ.ISSOFTDELETED FROM RIODS.PROJECT PJ JOIN RIODS.PROJECT_CLASSIFICATION PC ON PC.PROJECT_CLASS_ID=PJ.PROJECT_CLASS_ID WHERE PJ.PROJECT_ID>-1"
2014-02-27 09:25:50,985 [             WebContainer : 12] ERROR ervice.starjobs.internal.StarRemoteSnapshotService  - ORA-02291: integrity constraint (RIDW.PROJECT_FK1) violated - parent key not found
java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: ORA-02291: integrity constraint (RIDW.PROJECT_FK1) violated - parent key not found
Thanks in advance!
ISMAEL

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.