It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error during install of Jazz 4.0 on Win Server 2008 64bit

Sany Maamari (13243751) | asked Jul 26 '12, 4:59 a.m.

Hello,

I'm trying to install Jazz 4.0 on a Win Server 2008 R2 64bit plateforme, and I have this error:

Error removing intermediate unpacked files at C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager\adapters\ant\IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management\com.ibm.rational.rcl.token.service.create.windows_64.provision.file_999.999.999.2075532005\cictmp\com.ibm.rational.rcl.token.service.create.windows_64.provision.file_999.999.999.2075532005\0_c

It seems to be due to a too large file path size, but I don't see anything that I can configure to lower the filepath size. Does someone have an idea how to fix this issue ?

Thanks for the help,

Sany

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sany Maamari (13243751) | answered Jul 26 '12, 7:37 a.m.
 Ralph,

Thank you !!!!!!!!!
The -dataLocation paramater did the trick. I transformed the ProgramData/IBM/InstallationManager to IBMDATA thus winning 30 characters and it worked. 

For info, or for others. I encountered this problem while installing from scratch with a local repo on Virtuozzo Machine with Win Server 2008 R2 64 bit and IM 1.5.2. 

Hope it helps others
Sany
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 26 '12, 7:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sany,

on my machine Installation Manager actually uses the same path. I have not seen that specific issue. I also don't seem to have the adapters/ant folder. Either it got deleted or it was never there.

At which step in the install does this happen?
Have you tried to delete the folder manually using the command line and retried installing?
Have you tried - just to be sure the install files are OK to install on a different machine?

Please try www.google.com/search?q=Error+removing+intermediate+unpacked and look through the suggestions too.

If you can't get it solved with this, you should consider contacting support or create a work item.

permanent link
Sany Maamari (13243751) | answered Jul 26 '12, 5:50 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, I tried what you said, and it doesn't solve our problem. The error message is :

Error removing intermediate unpacked files at C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager\adapters\ant\IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management\com.ibm.rational.rcl.token.service.create.windows_64.provision.file_999.999.999.2075532005\cictmp\com.ibm.rational.rcl.token.service.create.windows_64.provision.file_999.999.999.2075532005\0_c

and there seems to be no way to change the filepath of this error. I mean:

C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager\adapters\ant\IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management

I've never said to IM to install packages here. Do you think I have to change it in the regedit ?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 26 '12, 5:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sany, you can try to open a command window and use that to delete the files. I have been able to use this in the past.

In general I would suggest to use something like C:/IBM/ to contain Installation Manager, shared files etc. I use folders like C:/CLM2012/4.0/JazzTeamServer  to install jazz based products. I haven't seen these path issues since then. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.