It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add a widget to the dashboard to find a workitem by number

Chris McKenna (31133) | asked Jul 25 '12, 10:31 a.m.
 Is the a way to add something to the a dashboard where its take a workitem number and then displays that workitem?    Even better to allow you to put in partial number and it return a list. 

2 answers

permanent link
Christophe Lucas (86224948) | answered Jul 25 '12, 11:14 a.m.
In the Quick Search on top-right of the Dashboard, if you enter a WI number, it will appear ... however, I have not found a way to use 'wild cards' (partial number) there.

Comments
Chris McKenna commented Jul 25 '12, 3:56 p.m. | edited Jul 25 '12, 8:56 p.m.

I knew there was something obvious i was missing.   I didn't eve see that quick search until just now.. Thank you 

Ginny Ghezzo commented Jul 26 '12, 12:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I use wild cards all the time in my quick search. The only draw back is it will get too many hits. In particular if the character string is referenced with in another work item.

Christophe Lucas commented Jul 26 '12, 4:19 a.m.

Hello Ginny, agree that you can create queries on e.g. Summary 'contains' some string piece ... however, for a query with a condition on work item Id, the only options I see (RTC 3.0.1) are 'is', 'is not', 'greater than or equals' and 'less than or equals', i.e. in 3.0.1 there is no way to search on a 'partial' work item Id (e.g. 343* search for Id 34312)

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered Jul 25 '12, 11:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You could also make a work item query to find the specific work item, then use a work item query widget to display the link to the work item. I don't think you can put a wild card number in a work item query when querying for ID.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.