It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Retrieve list of streams in a project area programatically

VK L (8177154159) | asked Jul 25 '12, 12:50 a.m.
Hi All,
           I am lloking to get the stream names from a project area and add the values into an enumeration. My Plugin is a server-side extension. Which methods can be used to achieve this?

I got the below code - but this is client-specific. Pls suggest an alternate code for server

IProgressMonitor monitor = new NullProgressMonitor();
IWorkspaceManager wm = SCMPlatform.getWorkspaceManager(teamRepository);
IWorkspaceSearchCriteria wsSearchCriteria = IWorkspaceSearchCriteria.FACTORY.newInstance();
wsSearchCriteria.setKind(IWorkspaceSearchCriteria.STREAMS);
wsSearchCriteria.setPartialOwnerNameIgnoreCase(ProjectArea);
List <IWorkspaceHandle> workspaceHandles = wm.findWorkspaces(wsSearchCriteria, Integer.MAX_VALUE, monitor);

List<String> streamNames = new ArrayList<String>(workspaceHandles.size());

IFetchResult fetchResults = teamRepository.itemManager().fetchCompleteItemsPermissionAware(workspaceHandles, IItemManager.REFRESH, monitor);

List<Object> retrievedStreams = fetchResults.getRetrievedItems();

for (Object fetchedObject : retrievedStreams) {

if (fetchedObject instanceof IWorkspace) {

IWorkspace stream = (IWorkspace) fetchedObject;

streamNames.add(stream.getName());

}

}

Thanks.

8 answers

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Jul 25 '12, 5:32 a.m.
 Hi,
you have to use IScmQueryService with a IWorkspaceSearchCriteria:

List<IWorkspaceHandle> streams = scmQueryService.findWorkspaces(wsSearchCriteria,  Integer.MAX_VALUE , monitor).getItemHandles();

Best regards,
Michele.

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Aug 03 '12, 7:55 a.m.
Hi Michele,
                    I used this line below and am getting an error saying "cannot make a static reference to the non-static method findWorkspaces from the type ScmQueryService" at compilation itself

List<IWorkspaceHandle> streams = ScmQueryService.findWorkspaces(criteria,  Integer.MAX_VALUE , (IRepositoryProgressMonitor) monitor).getItemHandles()

Am not sure how to fetch results as below to use fetchitems method
IFetchResult ws1 = (IFetchResult) ?.fetchItem(workspaceHandle, IRepositoryItemService.COMPLETE);

Complete part of the code looks like below:

criteria.setKind( IWorkspaceSearchCriteria.STREAMS );
                        criteria.setPartialOwnerNameIgnoreCase("ccm_user");
                        criteria.setPartialOwnerNameIgnoreCase("Demo Formal");

List<IWorkspaceHandle> streams = ScmQueryService.findWorkspaces(criteria,  Integer.MAX_VALUE , (IRepositoryProgressMonitor) monitor).getItemHandles();
                       List<String> streamNames = new ArrayList<String>(workspaceHandles.size());               
                          if (workspaceHandles.size() > 1)

{

throw new TeamRepositoryException( workspaceHandles.size() + " \"" + streamNames + "\" streams found" );

}

if (!workspaceHandles.isEmpty())

{

IWorkspaceHandle workspaceHandle = workspaceHandles.get( 0 );             
                            IItemHandle it =  workspaceHandle.getFullState();       
                            IFetchResult ws1 = (IFetchResult) ?.fetchItem(workspaceHandle, IRepositoryItemService.COMPLETE);

if (ws1 instanceof IWorkspace) {

IWorkspace stream = (IWorkspace) ws1;

streamNames.add(stream.getName());
                                  System.out.println("First Stream name is" + streamNames.get(0));

}
                          }                       

Thanks.           

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Aug 06 '12, 2:26 a.m.
Hi All,
            Anyone has tried this out?

Thanks.

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered Aug 06 '12, 4:22 a.m.
Hi ,

See the post https://jazz.net/forum/questions/72283/use-of-iscmqueryservicefindworkspaces-on-rtc-server

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Aug 06 '12, 4:56 a.m.
Hi Muthukumar,
                             I did refer this link previously. But, there are 2 main problems:
1. SportServiceData is not recognized
2. if i add cast <SportServiceData> to the function, then it says: "The method getScmQueryService() is undefined for the type SportServiceData"

Lines affected:
public static IWorkspace findStream( String streamName,SportServiceData commonData)
IScmQueryService scmQueryService = commonData.getScmQueryService();

Alternate tried:
public static <SportServiceData> IWorkspace findStream( String streamName,SportServiceData commonData )throws TeamRepositoryException

Thanks.

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered Aug 06 '12, 5:02 a.m.
Seems to be a User Defined variable. 
Use the getService method to get the access to that.

public static IWorkspace findStream( String streamName )throws TeamRepositoryException
{
// Get the I
ScmQueryService here and use the variable
}

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Aug 07 '12, 6:14 a.m.
Hi Muthukumar,
                            I have changed it to:

IScmQueryService commondata = this.getService(IScmQueryService.class);
  ItemQueryResult streams = commondata.findWorkspaces(criteria,  Integer.MAX_VALUE , (IRepositoryProgressMonitor) monitor);
How to retrieve IRepositoryProgressMonitor ? Currently, I have cast the IProgressMonitor "monitor" to the type  " IRepositoryProgressMonitor ".

Thanks.

Comments
Muthukumar C commented Aug 07 '12, 6:26 a.m.

I Hope "null" will be enough for monitor parameters.

findWorkspaces(criteria, Integer.MAX_VALUE ,null).getItemHandles;

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Aug 09 '12, 7:02 a.m.
Hi Muthukumar,
                          I have made some modifications and able to retrieve the streams now. Now, i am trying to add the values to the enumeration using :

IEnumeration<ILiteral> enumeration = (IEnumeration<ILiteral>)workItemCommon.resolveEnumeration(attribute1, monitor);
                         List<ILiteral> enumerationLiterals = enumeration.getEnumerationLiterals();

My question here is : Even if i configure this enumeration as a dependent of another attribute in the process template, my code will run everytime the WI is saved. So, how to make sure that only 1 set is generated so that it will be used for later similar combinations? without adding on values over and over?

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.