It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project Area Initialization Failure

Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | asked Jul 24 '12, 6:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

This question and answer come from a customer experience.  I am posting it here so that others can benefit from it.

A customer reports getting this error when creating a CCM project with a predefined template:
'Initialize Project Area' failed.
com.ibm.team.process.common.advice.TeamOperationCanceledException\
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: CRJAZ6011E:An exception occurred creating extension.

The error appeared in the Project Area Editor with a details link. Clicking the details link revealed a stack trace with this at the bottom:

Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1126I The service "com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService" has some invalid configuration properties.
CRJAZ1125I The configuration property value "null" is not valid for the property "db.jdbc.password". The JDBC password property is not set, but the JDBC location contains "{password}" which describes where the password should be inserted.

What is going wrong?

Martha
Jazz L3 Developer

One answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jul 24 '12, 6:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The issue here is that the predefined process template used the Setup Project for Reports Project Area Initialization action, but the CCM application was not configured to use the Data Warehouse and Reporting.

The Data Warehouse was not configured for CCM. This can cause deploying reports to fail.The user can either configure the data warehouse, or remove the action from the template.

Martha
Jazz L3 Developer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.