It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create new Operations in the Operation Advisor Tab ?

David Goering (111) | asked Jul 24 '12, 10:07 a.m.
edited Jul 24 '12, 11:39 a.m.
I would like to create a new "Operation" for the Operation Advisor... I don't mean a new pre or post condition (I have already created those) but a new trigger. So for example in the Operation Advisor in Team Configuration I have the triggers of saving and deleting work items, which can then be followed by conditions. I would like a new trigger of "opening" a work item that then triggers a pre or post condition. If it is not possible to configure that in the Eclipse client, what extension points do I need to look at, in order to implement my own. Thanks for any answers.
-David

One answer

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Jul 24 '12, 12:11 p.m.
 I take it by "opening" you are referring to a state change within a particular work item's workflow? If so, you just need to hook into the usual work item save operation, and then check the value returned by the ISaveParameter#getWorkflowAction() method. This will allow you to see if the workflow action is the one you're interested in, then you can do whatever you need to do.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.