It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I include Approval Name (ApprovalDescriptor?) in query results?

Andrew Codrington (17733135) | asked Jul 23 '12, 5:03 p.m.
Work Item approvals include a name/description field that is automatically populated with certain info. e.g. phase, type. We are also able to modify the field.

The approval name could be a nice way to give a little hint of context to the approver if we could get it to appear in a dashboard widget somehow.

Is there a way to display this approval name in a query result? I've looked through the available query result columns and I didn't see anything obvious.

(Jazz 3.0.1.2)

One answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jul 23 '12, 6:32 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, Andrew. Unfortunately, this feature does not seem to be available (I checked in 4.0). While you can search on the Approval Descriptor Name (which I expect is the field you are after), you cannot include it in the query result. [I can  largely understand that as you can have multiple approvals on a single work item, so which one would it display?] I know there are Enhancement items already filed to allow display of any/all fields that can be used to select items in a query (so I haven't filed an additional request for this case).

Comments
Guido Schneider commented Jul 24 '12, 3:56 a.m. | edited Jul 24 '12, 3:56 a.m.

I opened a Defect/Enhancement request for this some weeks ago:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=208966

Guido Schneider commented Jul 24 '12, 3:58 a.m.

Please give your comments there. I'm not sure development has understand the urgency of this. The Query result possibilities are very week in RTC (also 4.0). Most of the time we have to write BIRT reports or exports with help of the Java-API to get the data out of the system, we need.

Jaco Viljoen commented Jan 24 '13, 12:12 p.m.

This is something I encountered as well.
I tried to create a query that would disply who has not signed of a set of review items and display this on a project dashboard.
These reveiws are needed to pass a gate. The PM asked me for this the first time since he has a vested interrest in ensuring that all the reviews are done, allowing the project to pass the company defined lifecycle governance gate.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.