It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

This build has been automatically abandoned by the build engine

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Jul 19 '12, 12:04 p.m.
edited Jul 19 '12, 1:30 p.m. by David Olsen (5237)
This build has been automatically abandoned by the build engine 'MDM Primary Build Server'.
This can happen if the build engine stops while it is processing a build, or if it fails to communicate with the server (e.g. due to the server crashing, or a network break). As a result, the build is left in the in-progress state.

Quesitons:

1. Where can I find more detailed log?
2. It's a Jazz Common Line build. Anything wrong with the follow script?

REM command pour rafraichir du rtc
REM cd C:\Workspace\rtcbuilduser\TestAutomationFramework
REM echo jazzpower1|C:\IBM\TeamConcert\scmtools\eclipse\lscm accept -v -u rtcbuilduser
xcopy /S /Y /I C:\Workspace\rtcbuilduser\TestAutomationFramework\soapUIPro\Tests c:\TOOLS
copy /Y C:\Workspace\rtcbuilduser\TestAutomationFramework\S5_clientinfimgnt_LocalDev-soapui-project.xml c:\TOOLS\
echo on
cd c:\TOOLS\%1
del *.xls
cd ..
copy /Y preSetup.xls preSetup.bak
del preSetup.xls
copy /Y preSetup.bak %1
for /f %%i in ('dir *.xls /b') do (    
  cd %1
  copy /Y preSetup.bak preSetup.xls
  cd ..
  "C:\Program Files\SmartBear\soapUI-Pro-4.5.0\bin\testrunner.bat" C:\TOOLS\S5_clientinfimgnt_LocalDev-soapui-project.xml -s"TestSuite  For Sprint 6b Preparatory_data for MDM" -c"%1 Env_Prep" > taOut1.txt 2>&1
  cd %1    
  del preSetup.xls
  cd ..    
  del *.txt
  copy /Y %%i %1  
  "C:\Program Files\SmartBear\soapUI-Pro-4.5.0\bin\testrunner.bat" C:\TOOLS\S5_clientinfimgnt_LocalDev-soapui-project.xml -s"TestSuite  For Sprint 6b Preparatory_data for MDM" -c"%1 Env_Prep" > taOut1.txt 2>&1
  "C:\Program Files\SmartBear\soapUI-Pro-4.5.0\bin\testrunner.bat" C:\TOOLS\S5_clientinfimgnt_LocalDev-soapui-project.xml -s"TestSuite  For Sprint 6b" -c"%1 Env" > taOut2.txt 2>&1
  cd %1
  del "%%i"
  cd ..  
  del *.txt
)
copy /Y preSetup.bak preSetup.xls  
del preSetup.bak

3 answers

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Jul 19 '12, 1:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As the message says, this problem happens when the build engine can't communicate with the RTC server.  So it is doubtful that the problem is with your build script.  The most likely cause is that your server went down or there was a networking problem somewhere between the build machine and the server.  That's what should be investigated first.

-- David Olsen, IBM Rational, Jazz Process Team

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Feb 22 '13, 10:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Generally if the repository connection is good, then I have found that Jirong solution is usually the case.  If there is a stray java.exe process on the box that is blocking other engines from running.  Cleaning out these java and jbe processes should resolve the problem.

~Spencer

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | answered Jul 19 '12, 1:41 p.m.
I encoutered this error when integrating with Hudson (no need to run JBE from command line). So I killed all java.exe process and re-run the build. It's fine now.

Thanks
Jirong

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.