It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Urgent: RTC Build Server Fails with Exception: "Content is not allowed in prolog."

Arun Pradhan (122) | asked Jul 19 '12, 12:00 p.m.
edited Mar 19 '13, 1:23 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

Hi All,

I have configured RTC build engine to trigger one ant script for all my tasks. When triggered the ANT runs perfectly fine.

When I am using Build Engine and using the RTC build "Request Build", after the ANT execution completes the build fails with ERROR. When I checked the log found the following:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 3 minutes 24 seconds
2012-07-19 16:30:51 [Jazz build engine] Invoking post-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.jdt.publishing"
2012-07-19 16:31:00 [Jazz build engine] Invoking post-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.autoDeliver"
2012-07-19 16:31:01 [Jazz build engine] Delivering components...
2012-07-19 16:31:02 [Jazz build engine] Post-build deliver complete.
Summary of Post-build Deliver:
   Build Workspace:
      "EBPA_DEMO2 Stream Workspace" (_0Ymp4LyTEeGPHveQK7EiAA)
   Deliver Target:
      "EBPA_DEMO2 Stream" (_HgBxMKJ-EeGDlp_PiJsp5Q)
   Delivered Snapshot:
      "EBPA_DEMO(Change Management) build_20120719-1626" (_-bPuMNG1EeGPHveQK7EiAA)
   Added Components:
      <none>
   Replaced Components:
      "eBilling" (_cZ8rsLu_EeGPHveQK7EiAA)
   Removed Components:
      <none>
com.ibm.team.build.common.TeamBuildException: XML parsing error: "Content is not allowed in prolog." at line "1".
 at com.ibm.team.build.internal.publishing.JdtCompileLogPublisher.createCompileContribution(JdtCompileLogPublisher.java:347)
 at com.ibm.team.build.internal.publishing.JdtCompileLogPublisher.createBuildResultContributions(JdtCompileLogPublisher.java:242)
 at com.ibm.team.build.internal.publishing.JdtCompileLogPublisher.publish(JdtCompileLogPublisher.java:183)
 at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.JdtPublishingPostBuildParticipant.postBuild(JdtPublishingPostBuildParticipant.java:52)
 at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop.invokePostBuildParticipants(BuildLoop.java:901)
 at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop$2.run(BuildLoop.java:654)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
 at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
 at com.ibm.team.build.internal.parser.AbstractParserHandlerBase.parse(AbstractParserHandlerBase.java:141)
 at com.ibm.team.build.internal.publishing.JdtCompileLogPublisher.createCompileContribution(JdtCompileLogPublisher.java:345)
 ... 6 more

I need urgent help in this. The observation is the ant has no issues and in log also I see that until end the ant completed. Only during post build delivery something goes wrong.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 19 '13, 12:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 19 '13, 12:46 p.m.
Hi, since the log shows the XERCES XML parser, my best guess is, that you managed to install Xerces somewhere and got it into the build path. There were several issues with XERCES interfering or being incompatible with Eclipse in General and Jazz as a side effect in the past. Try to find out why XERCES is in your library path and replace it with a current version or eliminate it altogether if possible.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 19 '13, 1:21 p.m.

I did not realize it was that old and came up by retagging...... 

Sean Babineau commented Jan 19 '16, 11:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@rschoon, I've got someone getting a similar error in the ccm log when they start the server. Is it possible their server path is misconfigured? (Note: server seems to work ok, but they're concerned about the error) : 

------
2016-01-17 15:28:24,429 [              WebContainer : 2] ERROR y.service.internal.setup.SetupConfigurationService  - Error occured adding pending information
com.hp.hpl.jena.shared.JenaException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
at com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.impl.RDFDefaultErrorHandler.fatalError(RDFDefaultErrorHandler.java:60)
... {some lines omitted}
at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
------

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 19 '16, 11:21 a.m.

I'd consider to involve support. They are likely the best place to solve this. There seems to be something in the XML somewhere that is not expected to be there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.