It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to limit an RTC work item query to the team area(s) that the user is associated with?

Roan Dawkins (122) | asked Jul 19 '12, 11:43 a.m.
edited Jul 19 '12, 11:59 a.m. by Seth Packham (1.4k42213)
I have seen reports which allow a user to select "My Team Areas" as opposed to a specific team area as a parameter. This would cause the report to limit the results to only those artifacts (eg. work items) in the team areas that the user running the report is a part of.

I have a set of queries which I'd like to share across multiple teams (in the same project) and would prefer not to create separate work item queries with a different team area condition for each team.

Comments
Seth Packham commented Jul 19 '12, 11:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

We require all postings to have a clear, specific QUESTION in the title field. I've rephrased the title as a proper question.

One answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jul 19 '12, 9:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Team area is determined by the Filed Against attribute and if you add the Filed Against attribute to a query it includes a "Related to Current User" checkbox. This seems like it would do what you need.

Comments
Roan Dawkins commented Jul 23 '12, 3:06 p.m.

Kind of a roundabout way to do it but it seems to work. Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.