It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

REQUIRES_CONFIGURATION (More info found at entry [57a595a360c71f5a] in RRS server log) - Why?

Daniel Stefan Haischt (21412322) | asked Jul 19 '12, 8:06 a.m.
edited Jul 19 '12, 8:16 a.m.
Hi,

I ran into the above error message multiple times while trying to create the JKE Banking sample apps on a newly setup CLM 2012 stack. This happens despite the fact, that the setup wizard ran fine and every wizard step was completed without errors.

My observation in this regards is, that if running the wizard a second time especially the RM finalize application step, the JKE Banking app could finally be created without errors.

The exact step that causes the fault while creating the samples is this one:

"Creating project area 'JKE Banking (Requirements Management)' in /clm4-rm (daniel.haischt@de.ibm.com)"

My Environment:

WAS ND 7.0.0.19 on Win 2003 Server R2 64Bit
CLM 2012 V4 GA Drop
Installed & Configured CLM apps: RM, CCM, QM, DM (M9)

One answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jul 23 '12, 8:15 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Daniel
The only thing to say is that you discovered what the problem was.  The RM app had not been completely finalized/setup/configured.  There must have been something that was not clicked or that did not work as smoothly during the initial run of the setup wizard.  It's hard to venture a guess.  But, you have now been able to create the JKE banking sample application.

Comments
Daniel Stefan Haischt commented Jul 24 '12, 4:44 a.m.

If I do have some spare cycles I am going to wipe out my WAS-based CLM2012 installation to start over again. I observed this two times in a row and to me the question is how the complete setup could finish if one of the CLM apps wasn't finalized. I am curious whether this would happen a third time...

Daniel Stefan Haischt commented Jul 24 '12, 4:46 a.m.

Btw, one improvement would be to disable the sample creation button if one of the CLM apps is in REQUIRES_CONFIGURATION state.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 24 '12, 4:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Daniel, can you chack the diagnostics for all the apps before you proceed? Maybe there is an indicator?

Daniel Stefan Haischt commented Aug 15 '12, 7:11 a.m.

Okay it happened again, so I'd claim this is 100% reproducible on my WAS ND setup (CLM 2012 V4 GA + DM V4 RC4). @Ralph: How to diagnose each app? Thanks!

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 15 '12, 7:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Daniel, not sure if it will help - i would suggest to open a PMR or work item. The diagnostics is in Manage Application>Application>Diagnostics for example: https://<server>:<port>/ccm/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.serverDiagnostics

Daniel Stefan Haischt commented Aug 15 '12, 7:47 a.m.

Okay thanks Ralph. I created a defect:

https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=63519

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.