It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding a non editable hyperlink in a customised attribute that links to a separate web page

Simon Mayell (2677) | asked Jul 19 '12, 8:02 a.m.
edited Jul 19 '12, 8:08 a.m.
Within a Work Item in RTC I have a Tab with a section that that has instructions for populating the the work item. These instructions have been created as a non attribute based static text presentation. I also want to add a hyperlink to an external website that has further more in depth instructions. However I  can not find a way to create a link that is non editable. Is this possible?

One answer

permanent link
Aaron Burns (1161) | answered Jul 19 '12, 9:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Simon, this is possible and I believe there are a few ways to handle it. 

You mentioned using a custom attribute - one option is creating a default value containing the link in question and assigning it to your custom attribute.  Default values can be created in the Attribute Customization section of the process config editor.  Whenever a work item of this type is created, this attribute will be populated with this value.

When you add the presentation for this attribute, you can set the Read Only option to True.  You would now have your read-only link contained in these items.

Comments
Thibault Leclercq commented Nov 16 '12, 4:45 a.m.

Hi Aaron, sorry to jump in that old topic, I have an additional question: I would like my hyperlink to display a text instead of the URL, on which users would click, how could this be achieved? Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.