It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reference to backlog iteration within a query and portability to process template

Claudia Callegari (44439771) | asked Jul 18 '12, 7:34 p.m.
edited Jul 19 '12, 11:54 a.m. by Jared Burns (4.5k29)
I have created a "Backlog" query, to search for all the work items under specific condition; to simplify the description, this condition looks like this:
- they have "planned for" = "Unassigned"  OR
- they have "planned for" = "Backlog"
(idea is that everything that has not been assigned a plan, or it is part of the backlog plan, it is part of my "backlog").

The point is that the query works fine in the project area, but when I try to include this in the predefined queries, I get an error message saying "Planned For references a value that is not part of the process specification.", and even if I go ahead and extract a new process template, the condition "planned for" = "Backlog" is not being inherited in the process template.
Is this a RTC limitation? O something I am doing wrong? How is this expected to be managed?
Thanks,
--Claudia

Comments
Thomas Yu commented Jul 19 '12, 1:05 a.m.

The Work Item team is more suitable to answer this question.

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered May 16 '13, 1:49 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would check to see if there is a Backlog timeline configured for the Project Area. The error means that there is no reference to Backlog in the process spec (which is the process template), so the Backlog may have been removed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.