It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to connect two streams?

Jonathan Lee (111) | asked Jul 18 '12, 4:16 a.m.
edited Jul 30 '12, 6:37 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hi,
I have two development streams for 3Q and 4Q project. If one has a 3Q defect fix, he needs to check into both streams. Though he can by change flow target to check into both stream to save some time, it is still some sort of duple effort.
My question is do we have some to connect two streams together in RTC. Then if someone delivered something into one stream, the other stream will got the change as well. I heard in CMVC there is a function LINK could do the work.
Thanks a lot for your help!

3 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 22 '12, 1:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is not possible currently, but I agree it would be a useful feature.  I've submitted a work item for it:
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/218499
Please check the description of that work item, to verify that this is the functionality you were looking for.

Comments
Jonathan Lee commented Jul 22 '12, 11:10 p.m.

Great! This is exactly what we need. Thanks a lot Geoffrey!

permanent link
Manoj Panda (39336662) | answered Jul 18 '12, 1:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Somewhat I may not suggest this idea like to sync between 2 streams. This should be manuall. This is the reason we have 2 different streams to work  two different things, so that later (if required) we can merge/sync.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 18 '12, 4:32 a.m.
Jonathan,

as far as I know there is currently no automation for that. I don't know how CMVC does it, but there is a likelyhood, that the fix might need more changes in the other stream.

You can either accept the change set in the repository workspace loaded with the other version, or you could change the flow target and deliver the change.

Comments
Jonathan Lee commented Jul 18 '12, 4:45 a.m.

Thanks Ralph. I heard from one of my colleague about the link function in CMVC. He said developer could checkin a file into both releases as long as the file in both releases stay the same. Only those files have difference in two releases need to be checked in separately.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 18 '12, 6:33 a.m.

This would be a nice addition. I would suggest creating a work item to get this kind of capabilities.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.