It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to add extra attachments to an RFT remote script launched from RQM?

G S (5346) | asked Jul 15 '12, 8:49 p.m.

Hi,

I am launching RFT scripts via RQM and the standard RFT logs are being published back to RQM as an attachment. This works fine. My question is:

Is it possible within the RFT script to add extra attachments that will then be published back with the test result in RQM? My test runs collect quite a bit of extra information that I would like to see as an attachment within RQM afterwards.

I looked at the RationalTestScript from which my tests derived but there does not seem to be any obvious methods exposed. I guess I am looking for something like in TFS/MTM where you drop any files created during a test into a well known folder and they are automatically published back to TFS.

Is there an equivalent feature from within RFT tests launched via RQM?

I also looked in the System.getProperty("rqm.task") Xml file and as there is no ID for the execution result at this time, my options appear limited when it comes to associating attachments with the current test run via the REST API.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers!

GS

3 answers

permanent link
Jerry Shengulette (63914) | answered Sep 10 '12, 10:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The APIs that were added in 4.0 are only found via the Adapter Library, which is currently only available to IBM internal adapters like RFT, RPT, etc so there is publicly consumable page.

permanent link
G S (5346) | answered Jul 16 '12, 6:20 p.m.

Hi,

Thankyou for your reply. Could you please point me to the API Page for 4.0 that allow this?

Do you mean general attachments or is this an extension to the Adapter API's?

Cheers!

Graham

permanent link
Jerry Shengulette (63914) | answered Jul 16 '12, 12:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
At present RFT does not currently support anything like "user-selected attachments" to execution results.  However, the RQM APIs to allow RFT to take advantage of this are available in RQM 4.0.  Your best vehicle would be an enhancement request to RFT through support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.