It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I put back the Rank attribute for the epic workitem?

Yvonne Dubreuil (133) | asked Jul 13 '12, 4:52 p.m.
I am trying to help out a team.
They have the warning "This plan item is missing the ranking attribute" beside their epic workitems in their plan.  We cannot drop and drag epics to rank them since there is no rank attribute.

I have no idea how them managed to remove this attribute from their scrum based project.
How do I put it back in for the epic workitem? When I look at the story workitem in the Types and Attributes configuration, Rank is not listed explicitly even though I know it is there and ranking stories in the plan is working.

We are using RTC 3.0.1.3

2 answers

permanent link
Richard Knaster (23817) | answered Oct 12 '12, 1:06 a.m.
Yvonne:

When your team is doing the ranking, are they using the Ranking View?  Another thing to see if they removed the ranking column from the Ranking view.  If it is missing it can be easily added back in the view using the "edit plan view icon"

Regards,
Richard Knaster
IBM Chief Agile Methodologist

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 14 '12, 6:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Yvonne,

the rank attribute seems to be an internal one that does not show up anywhere in the process configuration (I looked at 4.0 but I assume this is true in 3.x as well). I doubt you can remove it. It is also not specific to the Scrum template.

I suspect they configured their planning for a different ranking attribute and removed that. Can you try to set the ranking attribute in the process configuration like described here:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.apt.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_rank_work_items.html

For example choose priority. The ranking is generated from the literal of the ranking attribute and a number.
Maybe this helps.

Which Ui are you looking at? Can you display the ranking (it shows up in the Eclipse client e.g. as Rank(Relative to Priority) if Priority is the ranking attribute)?
Have you checked, if someone has modified the Plan view? Maybe you look at a plan vie that is not sorted by rank, in which case you can't rank in that view.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.